Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Has anyone connected a Panasonic system to a Nortel MICS via PRI/T1? If so, do you have any tips/tricks/hints?

The main objective is to feed the Telco PRI into the TDE200, then connect an existing MICS to a 2nd PRI card to allow extension dialing and outside calling from both systems. I was thinking this would be simple but now I'm second guessing just how easy this will be. Hopefully the Panasonic will allow outside line '9' dialing from the Nortel PRI to the Telco PRI :rolleyes:

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

do you have the ability to test the tde and the mics
on the bench before you rip into this ?Has this application been sold already or is this in the planing stage?

Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
No bench time, testing will be done after hours before we cutover. Equipment is already hung on the wall...

We have the option card to allow DISA on the TDE.

Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Now that I'm thinking about it I'm wondering if I might have to use some analog trunk/station ports to link the two systems.

You don't need that option card for disa the tde has built in disa via esvm in it !I dont see a big deal pri to pri as long as you don't have duplicate station numbers you may need enhanced software on the TDE though I assume you know the MICS well enough too build ars on it and it supports qsig and has good ars or lcr ....
What would be nice is get an extra pri card For the MICS fire up the tde connect it to the mics befor pulling the PRI off the MICS and battle test the mics with a couple of test trunks on TDE and have ars or LCR dialing plan I.E seamless dialing out and tde to mics ,mics to tde calling all battle tested and worked out beforehand you commit to a cut If you look back in history on this site it took a whole week to work out the bugs on a site that had 3 tde's on one PRI linked together on fiber to each building can not imagine just walking in after hours with out panasonics possilble support and out the the kinks after the cut on the fly unless you have saints for clients!! Want fly me up there to help :idea: ?? ??

Geez, that sounds like the type of stuff I would toy around on weekends just out of curiousity... before I had kids, of course...

Well, keep us up to date, I'd like to hear how that went.

Yes, I'm a frenchie; have a problem with that?? Well, I do!!
Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Hmm, I'll think about the offer KXTVET! I agree, I'd love to have and extra PRI card for the MICS - I could do all this while in production. We have a Toshiba PRI card on the shelf, but not a Nortel one shocked

Interesting that this is coming up at the same time there's a QSIG discussion going on in the Nortel forum! I'm not sure whether or not QSIG is included by default when you install a MICS PRI keycode, hopefully it is.

The routing from the MICS perspective is a no brainer and I assume I'll use a combination of "Quck Dial" and "Other PBX Extension" from the Panasonic perspective.

Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Hmm, look like no go on the Nortel Q-sig.

Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
BTW, we do have the enhanced software on the TDE.

Toner Offline OP
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Not to be overly verbose, but it looks like I could set the TDE PRI card to "extension" mode which would serve the MICS in CO mode. Not too sure if I'd still have to ability to send DID's to the MICS...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,464 Shoretel
188,334 CTX100 install
187,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Keyset6, JBean3329, milt rock), 136 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024