web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
kxtvet, I've actually done both systems, and programming a Mics through phone is a lot quicker than a tde through the console...

Likewise on a BCM

Yes, I'm a frenchie; have a problem with that?? Well, I do!!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I will take your word for it I myself will do quick changes thru the keypad ,But does that mean you have a huge stack of programming sheets on all your customers or do you carry around every database for every system you have done since 1995 on a thumb drive ?how about doing a whole database for a project ahead of time and then dumping it into the equipment when gear shows up ?

Well, as far as Norstar (back in the day), PC programming was a huge waste of time. Only thing worth it was backup/restore.

As for the BCM, Element Manager (I've seen somewhere Excrement Mangler, somewhat accurate) is live; you can't open an instance offline like Panasonic or Avaya IPOffice, or create a template and import it. Every setting change makes the window refresh, so it's quite irritating. That is why I set up networking/IP parameters through Manager, but basic telephony set up is done through telset based admin.

As far as programming sheets, never filled any of those, as browsing the config through the phone is a lot quicker in Nortel than Panasonic, and the CoS/restrictions/permissions/ARS not nearly as deep either.

We basically (used to) get on site and start punching in the programming!

I like PC for the macro view of things, but sometimes I miss the days when I didn't need to boot my laptop for every little change I needed to do; now that I work almost exclusively with Mitel MCD and IP Office, and soon will rekindle the fire with Panasonic again (we just got a licence and have had my certification transfered from former employer), PC is the way to go!

Yes, I'm a frenchie; have a problem with that?? Well, I do!!
Yanick you are luck if you quit working for a panasonic dealer in the states your certifications are non transferable !! Did you ever program the older kx-td123211D or vodavi 2448/96 or tie with a data terminal I used to do a lot of them before I did the TD so it did speed things up a bit also there was a programator for the 11d that i used just to take snapshots of data bases I have to confess I did at least 10 tds back in the 90's thru the keypad before another fella back on the old kxtd forum hooked me up that is ancient history now oh well back on topic...

Toner Online Happy OP
Admin
OP Online Happy
Admin
The programming on the MICS side for dialing a TDE extension would be a single entry: a route pointed to the T1/PRI with the leading digit of the TDE extension numbers (6XX, etc.). The outbound call route would also be a single entry for 9+NPANXXXXXX (absorb none), again pointed at the tie T1/PRI.

I'm not as sure how to accomplish the reverse, probably an ARS table with the MICS leading digit? (2XX, 5XX)

There are about 50 extensions on the MICS and will be about 60 IP phones (over a wireless shot) on the Panasonic.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Toner Online Happy OP
Admin
OP Online Happy
Admin
I also need target lines for each MICS extension, but those already exist (in 3 digit form) thanks to the existing DIDs.

Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
6xx is used on tde side for pa ringing and icd groups you planning on changing numbering plan on tde?

Toner Online Happy OP
Admin
OP Online Happy
Admin
Yes, I've already cleared all the #'s out of the TDE so I'm free to change the dialing plan, etc.

I myself make icd group 1=0 on most of my systems

how do you intend to get did from tde pri to ring exts on the mics?

maybe 60 dummy portable stations forwarded all to
807xxx xxx=3 digit ext on mics I suppose you could set intercom calls to ring 807xxx as well this raises a question what happens on a busy busy no answer when a did rings on the mics does it go to voicemail??

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024