web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sunny Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

My company's phone system have been acting up for the past 3 weeks now, we tried to get help from a local telephone system company but their tech just couldn't get here, tried over a week to get someone from there to come and take a look at our phones!

Anyway, now I am looking for help with our phone system. I do know the following...

-- There is 2 Telrad boxes ( I guess they are the KSU )
-- There is a cable going from one of the card to the computer with the ImaGEN voice mail system

These are the problems we are having:
-- The phone system seems to reset itself couple of time through out the day
-- If at a phone station and put on Background music, the music would be interrupted by high 'squches' sound
-- It seems like the auto attandent would go off unexpectedly
-- The 'voice' for instruction when accessing VM would go off randomly
-- When callers are leaving VM, half-way through and they would be cut-off

Can anyone HELP????

Thanks in advance,
Sunny Yu

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Is the system turning off when it !! resets itself!! you may need to reseat the power supplies. Step one would be to power down the two 128 cabinets and the voice mail and reseat the power supplies and all the cards. then power it all up and see how it acts. If the problem keeps up let us know and we will go to the next step. Be careful when you reseat the cards, use the top and bottom tabs to slide out the cards and put them in nice and even.

[This message has been edited by sundance (edited October 09, 2002).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Also make sure that the 25 pair cables that attach to the cards are not cocked half way out. If that checks out you may need a power supply. You should also check the fuses in the Power Supply and make sure there's not a fuse that could be causing the power cut off's ( a floppy element).

[This message has been edited by test-ok (edited October 09, 2002).]

Administrator
Administrator
Do you know what software level you have?
If SB304 or SB305 there was a problem with the MPD and Memory Cart. just shutting down. But this sounds like a MPD going bad. Do check for power failure (BBU if using one).

Sunny Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah... so it has something to do witht he power supply...

Actually about couple months ago, a storm went through our area and our phone system went dead after it passed through. We call in some tech and we found that on the main SKU the power supply had one of its (big blue) capacitor blown. We try to find a replacment for it but couldn't and the tech also said that they only replace the whole power supply and also suggest that we should upgrade our system. We were just about to do the upgrade and replace our power supply, then the tech try to reseat everything one more time and 'miraculously' it started working again... until about 3 weeks ago it starts giving us all these problem.

Thanks for the advise, I will try reseating the power supply and all the cards.

Also, I believe we are running ImaGEN v5.00C

** It shouldn't go dead on me by just resetting the power supply and cards right??

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Power down the system before you reseat anthing! Do not do it with the power on.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Sunny Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I reseated everything and nope, problem is still there.

Any more suggestion?

Oh, SSPhone, I notice that the memory unit on the MPD is version SB 3.05, would this be part of the problem?

Anything else I can do to see what is causing the problem?

Sunny

Administrator
Administrator
I think you will find after reset thing will be OK for awile, but what you discribe is usually a MPD problem not a power supply. If you do upgrade to latest Ver (7.36) you will get/need a new MPD anyway. Also remember you have to upgrade the voicemail software to the same level of the system, not doing so will cause other problems.

Administrator
Administrator
Do you have the programming software and cable for programming?
Is the system still going down?
Do all the lights and displays go out when it goes down?

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
On the upgrade issue. You'll also need to upgrade the cards in the cabinet, I have heard some horror stories when trying to up grade from an old version to a new one ( from 3 to 7, or 4 to 6) the only upgrades I had good luck with was from one version to the next (version 3 to version 4, or 4 to 5 and so on)
There were a bunch of squirrelly problems when skipping versions. If you call Sundance they can send you a replacement CPU and a Power Supply then you can send back what you don't need. If you go with ver 7 you'll need a new MPD, (little on the pricey side)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,170 CTX100 install
187,018 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (OBT), 80 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024