Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
brjohn Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently upgraded a 128 from version 3.03 to version 6.05.
Prior to the upgrade I had not problems with the system, however after the upgrade the voice channels on the MIM for the IVM are going "out of service" after anywhere from 12 - 24 hours, since the IVM is acting as a auto attendant callers are getting ring no answer. Resetting the power corrects the problem for anywhere from 12 to 24 hours.
The system that I got the 6.05 MPD from also had a OCD (with modem ,dtmf), ELD, COL, T1
My system had OCD (modem, mim,dtmf) 3 ELD, 2 SLD, COG, T1 .
So in additon to changing the MPD I also changed the oldest ELD, T1, OCD ( I moved my mim to the newer OCD).
SInce I started having this problem I have replaced the old OCD and am still having the same issues, as I recall the mim is 2.6 and the OCD is 2.?
SInce this is the only problem I am having I am inclined to believe that the problem revolves around the OCD / MIM so how do I determine which is casuing the problem?
Or do you belive that something else could be causing the problem?
Is this just the typical change the frimware chip on the OCD /MIM and if so to what version?
For now I can put the old MPD back in to stablize things but I would like to bring this system up to the newer release eventually.
Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
what ver software is on the IVM?
Is this your system or a customers?
Look at all the chip levels on all the cards what are they? Is the new OCD a style D0?

[This message has been edited by SSPhone (edited May 27, 2003).]

brjohn Offline OP
OP Offline
IVM version I want to say 3.? (3.0 or 3.1 from early 1994)
System is mine but at a remote site so i rely on someone else that is not real techincal to take care of anything I can't do remotely.
I was on site last week to perform the upgrade.
I'll have to ask him to shut down and check version on ALL cards, I will probably have him take a photo of each card, focused on the firmware version label.
Do you think that any of the other cards (ELD, SLD, COG) could casue such a problem, since it only affects the voice channels? Doesn't even affect the relay contatcs or sensors on the mim

Administrator
Administrator
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brjohn:
Do you think that any of the other cards (ELD, SLD, COG) could casue such a problem, since it only affects the voice channels? Doesn't even affect the relay contatcs or sensors on the mim</font>

You bet. Funny thing about software

there are chips inside the MIM module that must be compatable with your verson 6 MIM U5 v2.6(096D)

Administrator
Administrator
telradtech welcome to the forum. Good answer. But he has alot more software issues than the MIM.

brjohn Offline OP
OP Offline
I am having the local person swap MPD's today, reverting back to the 3.03 firmware until I can determine the cause and resolve it.
He will also take photos of all cards in the system while making the swap, so this afternoon I will know the firmware level of each card.
Steve, you mentioned card revision "DO" referring to the OCD but did you mean the MPD? I have loked at several spare OCD cards I have and have not seen a revision on any of them i.e. A0, B1,C4. However I did see revision DO on a 386 MPD.

Administrator
Administrator
The OCD style is printed across the top of the card. It maybe covered by a cartridged mounted in the top slot.
The OCD has to be a D style with a 2.F-4 eprom chip to operate the voicemail correctly with Rel 6

[This message has been edited by SSPhone (edited June 02, 2003).]

brjohn Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok you were right I pulled the module off the top position and now I see the part number/rev as 76-110-1400 D1 with a firmware level of 2.C on U21 , I think the date is Dec. 29, 1993 as it is displayed as 29-12-93

So where is a good place to have the eprom erased and flashed with the newer firmware? and @ what cost? Is the cost the same regardless of what card? in other words if i wanted to update the firmware on the other cards as well would it be te same cost per chip, I have enought spares that I could provide the old eproms as a swap or to be re-flashed.

Administrator
Administrator
You need to upgrade all the chips. You need a u49 for the MPD and chips for the ELD's, COL's, OCD's all the cards in the system. You can contact me by phone or email see my profile I can get the chips you need. You may want to upgrade the Memory Cartridge chips also to get all the fixes for Rel6.
You also need to upgrade the IVM software.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,182 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024