web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#172795 03/28/05 03:05 PM
OP Offline
My company is currently running the Telrad IVM Voicemail Version 4.000 . My Question is we are looking for a backup system, just in case the one we have goes down. I have found a system That is running Version 3.000 . To upgrade this system to 4.000, is it just a matter of installing the version 4.000 software or is there going to have to be some hardware changes also? The system we are running is an eight port system and the system we are looking to purchase is an eight port system. Thanks for any help!

Thanks,
Keith

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#172796 03/29/05 01:07 AM
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
To purchase another 8 port system would be expensive. You might want to look to upgrade to the new equiment you can just back that up to your network (and that keeps all your MSG). You can't do that in the early version as easy. But you would have to check out the cost and see if it's worth if you need to have a back-up. you can upgrade 3.00 to 4.00 with just the disk software.
I'm 90% sure of that but someone else will will comfirm that on this MSG broad.

------------------
Need cable or other voice/data hardware? Here's your link. Telephone Supplies

#172797 03/29/05 03:42 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Keith
The last Ver of software for the IVM was 4.00K. If you were to buy the used ver 3 you can delete the ivm programs and load the level 4 software but before you do you want to make sure the spare voicemail is operational and all voice ports work. Nothing like having a spare parts machine with bad parts. You have to remember 3 and 4 look alot alike but are very different. As of release 4 the AppGen program was used to set menu options. I find that most of the ImaGen's and IVM's that go bad are the PC's themselves or the parts that are failing not the DVC or AVC cards.
As far as upgrades that Tony wrote about the new IPeX server has the new EmaGen voicemail on board so no external PC and no external connects to the OCD and no OCD for that matter. The EmaGen is Linux based and becomes part of you network for easy management. It inskin is expandable to 28 ports all by licenses. If you need more info give me a call (profile) or email.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

#172798 03/29/05 05:09 PM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I find that most of the ImaGen's and IVM's that go bad are the PC's themselves or the parts that are failing not the DVC or AVC cards.</font>
White man speaks truth. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
All you really need is a back-up computer, then move the interface catds over and your back up. No reason to buy back up interface cards.

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024