web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#176377 03/21/12 03:39 AM
CLCrawl Offline OP
OP Offline
We are attempting to come up with a solution that would allow us to forward our Telrad extensions (4 digits) to our new Cisco System (5 digits). We can currently call between the systems without issues (we have a PRI between the two). Here is the scenario.

We want to forward 1748 to 35002. I am unable to do this in eManager -> Station Features -> Call Forward because the fields only accept 4 digits. To try and work around this I created a System Speed Dial 101 with 35002 as the number.

I tested the Speed Dial from a Telrad phone and it works flawlessly. I then went into the eManager -> Station Features -> Call Forward for the extension 1748 and put the speed dial for the Call Forward All field which worked fine. I uploaded the config, and then when I try and call from another Telrad phone to extension 1748 the display shows a 3, and then that is it along with a busy signal. Anyone have any ideas why when I use the speed dial in the Call Forward All it seemingly stops at 3. It looks like it is going to "dial" the rest of the Cisco extension but then doesn't.

I verified this works if I put my cell phone number as the number for the speed dial. It just seems to be something with how it s processes the 5 digit extension. Any input would be much appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Without knowing all of the details, I would check ->General Parameters->Call forward - Number of Chained DN's. Put max # in and try. Just a guess. The other thing is, are you using LCR to route calls or an access code to the PRI?

TG
CLCrawl Offline OP
OP Offline
The Call Forward - Number of Chained DNs is already set to 5 it seems, and it seems that is the max. I did not set this up but it looks like I goto Network -> Prefixes. In the Prefix field 3 is located, and in the Route field RT 2 is input. I know the Network option showed up after we added the PRI between the Cisco and the Telrad. I'm just baffled that the speed dial works fine but NOT when I specify it as the Call Forward option.

Try building the speed dial bin with the PRI trunk group access code and then the extension.

TG
CLCrawl Offline OP
OP Offline
This is going to be a very dumb question, but where do I find that code? Is that the DN assigned to the channels in the card configuration of the PRI?

Should be in trunk groups

TG
CLCrawl Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok I found under TIE/DID Group Features 1059 is the DN for the private PRI. So I put 105935002 as the speed dial and set the phone to forward all to it. The phone shuts off as I upload the config as you would expect but then doesn't go into a forwarding state. However I can dial 1059 which seemingly puts me on one of the channels of that PRI and dial any extension and that works. Darn I thought that would do it.

CLCrawl Offline OP
OP Offline
I verified if I put the speed dial back to just 35002 the phone will go into a forwarding state. Something about having 105935002 causes the phone to not go into forwarding.

CLCrawl Offline OP
OP Offline
Another ironic twist, with the speed dial set to 105935002 the speed dial actually works, it simply dials the extension. I can't imagine what makes it process the call differently when trying to use it for forwarding purposes.

In your station class of service, is your phone allowed to forward? Does it have access to all system speed dials? (also in class of service)Are you testing the speed dial manually from the phone you are wanting to forward from or a different phone?

TG
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024