web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
You said you got beat in a sale by Shoretel "probably because the demo" does your company not have the IP & soft phone demo you can get from ESI?? IT IS SWEET

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

94astro Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not sure if do have that demo, I'll ask because we definitely should.

Aaron
My bosses have informed me that we are losing sales to customers who "want" a pure IP solution. The new NEC platform is not released yet, so we are looking at selling Shoretel to fill this niche until NEC "catch's" up...

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
I sell and install Asterisk systems and the only feature I cant reliably do is BLF/SLA. Other then that I've been able to make it do some fairly off the wall things that most phone systems couldn't touch.

However, I wouldn't recommend you pick this up and start selling it. The learning curve on it is fairly steep and unlike a traditional system if something goes wrong inside Asterisk then it goes wrong in a hurry. Having an IT background wont help you much either unless you are familiar with programming and Linux.

If you do decide to sell asterisk, just be prepared to be the engineer, tech support, installer, salesman, and holder of the buck. There is no great looming parent company you can call for help. If you cant figure it out, you are done usually. If you can figure it out, then the concept of a phone system takes on a whole new meaning and you can do pretty much anything with it.

94astro Offline OP
OP Offline
good to know kumba. asterix and ip systems like it are ones that we would not want to get into.

Aaron
94... it sounds like you guys are an ESI dealer.
Although we are are loosing some amount of sales to the "I read about VoIP in the USToday or PC Magazine" crowd, your sales person(s) should be able to show why the ESI is the better solution, and you have the best demo kit in the business (if you're not using the PRO demo kit, get one!) and shouldn't loose to ANYONE based on a better demo/sales pitch.

I sell ESI everyday, and nothing else... If you have questions, I can help, email or PM me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
we ran into the same thing (ESI over Shoretel/ cisco)a couple of years ago and picked up Toshiba as our pure IP product, not for the fact Toshiba is a better IP product but because it has the look and feel of a pure IP product. With the Toshiba MAS we can add third party applications on it for call center, CRM, IVR, SIP Trunking, ect that you can not do with ESI.
now i have installed and sold pure IP on both and there is nothing easier than a ESI IP install. half the time half the problems.

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
95Astro, you said you do Panasonic, Have you looked at the KXTDE systems. can use third party phones, sip and ip keysets. Like Kumba said he cant do blf or slt and a lot of customers will want one of these at one time. I think people asking for pure ip are the I.T departments thinking they will be able to look after the system themself. I think the balance of IP and basic telephone are far better.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
94astro Offline OP
OP Offline
We're going to research some "pure ip" systems, we just have to find one with the features and capabilities that we use and sell. We also look for sturdiness, something not too high maintenance and something with tech support.

But again, with all of these ideas I realize that we could sell ESI as our IP system, it's just a matter of the way we present it to people looking for an "ip solution" (??). I'll ask my boss if we have the PRO demo kit. Thanks PhoneSol.

OBT, we sell Panasonic to our residential customers for the most part, mostly because of their cordless phones w/ cell sites which I feel are the best in the biz. My boss has mentioned the panasonic with sip capabilties, we'll see where that goes.

Aaron
94astro Offline OP
OP Offline
My company (not me) has chosen Trixbox as our IP system, we are getting certified, we'll see how it goes.

Aaron
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,808 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, BobRobert), 140 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024