Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone out there? I have most of the Stratagy DK setup. It has so eratic behavior. I cannot get the DSS busy to work properly so I disabled it for now.

When you call in the night or day AA and press ext ### it does not ring the ext it simply goes to the persons voicemail.

Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

On the PHDN 500 you need to assign a PHDN MSG key on the phone. 423-426 & on the owner of the PHDN.

The dialing directly to the users greeting is probably that each Mbx has an Auto Scheduler set to goto DND at a time. "If a Mbx has DND set ...it never rings the phone, it goes straight to the greeting."

Also check the setup for each Mbx to make sure the Message Light ON and Off are set up correctly. I will assume you setup the VM/DHG correctly too! If you can go off-hook and light a Msg lite on a phone then the KSU/system programming is correct and look to the Stratagy.

Are you sure that none of the msg lites work call a phone internally and press the message key to see if it lites on the phone being called.

[This message has been edited by Telephonyman (edited April 11, 2005).]

GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
--I checked the DND Schdueles and there is nothing every line is disabled.

--I can set Message lights but i still cannot get the Stratagy to set the message lights.

-- I am working on the 2nd message light i will let you know how it turns out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Telephonyman:
On the PHDN 500 you need to assign a PHDN MSG key on the phone. 423-426 & on the owner of the PHDN.

The dialing directly to the users greeting is probably that each Mbx has an Auto Scheduler set to goto DND at a time. "If a Mbx has DND set ...it never rings the phone, it goes straight to the greeting."

Also check the setup for each Mbx to make sure the Message Light ON and Off are set up correctly. I will assume you setup the VM/DHG correctly too! If you can go off-hook and light a Msg lite on a phone then the KSU/system programming is correct and look to the Stratagy.

Are you sure that none of the msg lites work call a phone internally and press the message key to see if it lites on the phone being called.

</font>

GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
I just tried to enable Program 35 Led's 1-4 because i cannot leave a MSG Waiting on some stations can you tell me which program and which leds control this?

Greg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Telephonyman:

</font>

Program 35 - LED 04

Also make sure that in Program 31 LED's 4,5,9,&15-20 are on for VM to work properly

Pgm 10-2 LED 4 is ON. Pgm 13 is filled out.
Pgm 15 0,3,&5 are on for all Co lines.
Pgm 30 LED 12 for the VM ports is ON.
Pgm *34 Led 01 is OFF for VM ports.
Pgm *40 for your DHG

I think thats all.

GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok i did all that all the station message lights now can be lit. The voicemail however does not light them its a DK280 with a Stratagy DK voicemail. I have one Phantom Directory setup 500 and i have the owner set to 200, and there is a message waiting light on the phone 423 which is the lowest Phantom Directory number assigned. I cannot send a message using #63 though.

I have also noticed the voicemail does not ring the ext when it transfer calls it just waits and goes to voicemail. I dont know if the two are related but they are both a pain in the butt.

Greg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toshiba Bob:
Program 35 - LED 04

Also make sure that in Program 31 LED's 4,5,9,&15-20 are on for VM to work properly

Pgm 10-2 LED 4 is ON. Pgm 13 is filled out.
Pgm 15 0,3,&5 are on for all Co lines.
Pgm 30 LED 12 for the VM ports is ON.
Pgm *34 Led 01 is OFF for VM ports.
Pgm *40 for your DHG

I think thats all.
</font>

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Don't forget program 13 for the message waiting center. Make sure that the message lamp notification templates in the Stratagy are enabled.

GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
Program 13 is set properly. The strategy has the them enabled whats the proper string format for msg light on and off on a dk280.

Greg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
Don't forget program 13 for the message waiting center. Make sure that the message lamp notification templates in the Stratagy are enabled.</font>

Let me ask you this....If you call, phone to phone does it ring or come over handsfree? If hands free then you've set your VM up to do supervised transfers and you need to change either it to send un supervised or change your phones to ring on intercom. pgm 10-1 LED 01 ON

[This message has been edited by Toshiba Bob (edited April 11, 2005).]

GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
It does indeed come over the handsfree. I would prefer to do non supervised transfers through the VM, i have heard on the Stratagy that you need to add an H after the extension number.

This stratagy seems to be acting wierd however i called the system last night when no one was here about 1 am, i dailed an extension and i was told this extension was busy even after turning off all of the options to tell the caller this extension is busy. I also still can not get it to light the message lights to save my life. Could this possibly be a bad unit or something?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toshiba Bob:
Let me ask you this....If you call, phone to phone does it ring or come over handsfree? If hands free then you've set your VM up to do supervised transfers and you need to change either it to send un supervised or change your phones to ring on intercom. pgm 10-1 LED 01 ON

[This message has been edited by Toshiba Bob (edited April 11, 2005).]
</font>

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024