web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Dear All,

Please forgive this _very_ newby question, I've just taken on admin for a Strat DK280 system here and am still finding my feet / wading through the little documentation we have available!

Our pressing requirements is explained as follows: At night our reception staff puts the DK280 into Night Mode for which any callers that ring our main number after that point are greeted with a simple "We're not here, please leave a message" announcement. If a message is left it is desposited in the Receptionist's VM box. Sorry if that sounds a little vague but it's how I presently understand things.

"all" I need to be able to do is change the recorded announcement that greets callers when the DK280 is in Night Mode.

I've consulted the Strata System Admin Guide implies that Night Transfer can be directed to Auto Attendant and therefore a voicemail message (albeit probably more advanced than we need) but it doesn't seem to explain how.

Any help gratefully received / if someone can point me at further reading it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Steve, The announcement you are hearing is stored in a voicemail system attached to the DK280 via analog station ports. This could be a circuit card inside the 280 cabinet, or it could be a separate desktop computer nearby. Look for a PC near the phone equipment. If its a Toshiba VMail it will say Stratagy on it. IF its a card in the system, look in the cabinet for a card thet says Stratagy DK or IVP8.

Let me know what you find, then we'll go to step two.

Dan

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply & my apologies for not contacting you sooner.

OK I've looked at the DK280 and there's certainly no PC connected to it so is it safe to assume the voicemail is handled by an internal card? We have two identical looking Toshiba cabinets, one mounted on top of the other and having space for plug-in-cards.

The order of cards in the top cabinet starts with an unlabelled card that appears to have an RCA / phono socket at its base. Next we have four "PDKU2" cards followed by an "RSTU1" card.

Bottom cabinet consists of slightly more fancy looking card with two 9-pin-D serial sockets and labelled "Stratagy DK" and finally another "PDKU2" card.

Here endeth my knowledge I'm afraod! Is there anything in there that makes sense Dan?

Regards,

Steve

*** A Word of Warning this is not something an end user should accomplish until they have been trained on the Administring the VM system. ***

The Stratagy DK is your voicemail system, it was available in 2,4,6,or 8 port configuration. Most likely your night greeting is Mbx 991 greeting number 2. You will have to know the password for this Mbx (991) and if you do go in and listen to greetings 1 and 2 to be sure this is the greeting you are hearing. If you think it is create a different greeting, such as greeting number 3 and record what you would like to hear. Save and exit out, then call the main voicemail and see if your greeting is playing. If not go back in and delete greeting 3, if it is go and Re-record greeting 2 and save but don't exit yet. Before getting out of Mbx 991 select and listen to greeting 1 if its during the normal hours and then after selecting greeting 1 then exit Mbx 991.
Please follow your user guide for greetings and there is a Stratagy manual available that I suggest you need to get first and read it.

Also it may have been set up to goto the General Delivery Mbx directly and that Mbx is where the greeting is located that your looking for. I would contact your local vendor and ask for them to come out and setup a PC interface for you to administer the VM system. There is priortriy software and a serial cable you would also need. The interface has a dynamic screen that allows you to watch what is happening at any time, it is a very valuble tools and worth it's costs.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,437 Shoretel
188,294 CTX100 install
187,075 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 76 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024