Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#18454 03/13/08 07:27 AM
BHolz Offline OP
OP Offline
We have quotes by three vendors for different systems. All three vendors have good references and appear to be able to do the job. Pricing is pretty comparable. We are a 10 person office - with no real special needs though speaker quality for conference calls is important. We are not interested in IP phones.

The three systems quoted are:

NEC ipk II
Toshiba CIX 100
Avaya IP Office 500

Can anyone comment on the pro's / con's of each of these systems?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

They are all excellent big name phone systems and have the same general features renamed to their liking. The most important aspect is the installing dealer and post-install support and training. I'm sure someone will chime in soon enough about the systems but beware of the bias. I sell and maintain Toshiba so I'd go with the Toshiba.

If you need a second opinion or quote or have general questions, I can help you.

714-751-8343, Shawn

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.
I would be interested in seeing your quotes. Not the entire quotes broken down but just the bottom line.

Please remember that prices need to be sent via private message or email.

I question the quote of the Avaya IP Office 500. Why was that system quoted to an office of 10 when Avaya has been installing the Partner ACS for decades and pleasing a huge number of end users in doing so. Hard to argue with reliability and a proven track record.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

BHolz Offline OP
OP Offline
FYI - We are going to direct dial with PRI.

The only 3 reasons I could think of using an IP 500 vs Partner ACS with 10 phones would be:
Using a PRI(full or partial) or SIP trunks,
Needing a more advance Voicemail solution, or
Conferencing capabilities. (This would be the #1 reason going by the limited info in the original post)

The IP500 conference bridge is far better than the other 2 choices listed and the ACS

The most importent thing is the maximum number of Conferensies you are going to have at one session. If not more then 3 Norstar MICS is the best and the chipest way to go.

SST Offline
Of those three, I'd choose the Toshiba. I don't like the NEC quality and the IP Office is a bit much for a 10 person office. Also, for the conference room phone, I'd go with an analog Polycom Soundstation2, great quality sound and full duplex speaker function.

Having said that, if you had a 4th choice I'd get a quote from me, for an ESI system. :thumb:

https://www.esi-estech.com/video/?chosenFile=Halvid

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I would recommend Toshiba too... but it really does come down to service these days.

Anyone can sell you a phones system that has IP, Voice-mail, PRI, Paging, etc., etc., etc.

Those are all features, you should choose the company that has been around the longest and or with the best reference list and talk to the existing customers.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
My vote would be to consider a Panasonic TDA100. Now who sells those? Hmmm? Oh wait, we do!
Seriously, I think the Panasonic is superior to Toshiba, Avaya, and NEC and that's based on years of dealing with all of the mentioned product lines. Since you're in Southern California if you're interested in a quote please contact me.

(951)242-0552 x213

SST Offline
I might agree with the Panasonic being better than the other three. But the ESI is better than the Panasonic, just ask me. :dance: :banana:

Hey Kevin, I've got a lead for some programing and maintenace on a Pansonic system here in Temecula, if your interested. PM me.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,337 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024