web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Thanks to the generous replies here, I have worked through a couple bugs on the way to getting this used DK16 system running here, and I think I have just one issue remaining.

There is a KSTU and a K4RCU in the base unit (there is no expansion unit) to support standard devices.

When I hook up a standard phone to one of the standard ports I have wired (at station 18 and 19), I hear a steady tone, but it's not a good imitation of the CO office dialtone. Another post here notes that standard devices get intercom dialtone, so the pitch or quality of the tone doesn't trouble me too much, but it won't let me dial. The LCD display records my keypresses, but there is no dialing, no line ringing and no connection.

The only programming I have done is Prog 90, 92, 03, 81 and 87. I entered all the default values for Prog 03.

Can any of you pros nail it down from what I've said?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
My first thought would be a bad K4RCU card. That is the DTMF Receiver card for analog stations to break dial tone. If you don't have another one, it will be hard to troubleshoot.

After you programmed Code 92 into program 03, did you cycle the power? You have to do that system reset everytime you make a change in prog. 03.

Go ahead....reset it now and see if it works.

Dan

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Well another point to ponder is that the voltages given out by the Toshiba unit is usually 24 volts. In the old days, some Single-line devices could not work at such a low voltage since a normal Telco line would be at about 48volts.

There are no voltage boosters for the DK16s though, unless you use the RSTU cards which accepts R48S.

Ditto Voyager, can't tell you how many times I have had to tell an experienced tech to cycle the power after changing 03!

OP Offline
MrEngineer, I checked voltage at the MDF, and it was around 48V, so that cause can be eliminated.

Dan & Breed, I was wondering myself afterward if I cycled power -- it was a rush visit. That sure would be nicer than replacing the K4RCU! But unless anyone has anything to add, I'll take that as the next reasonable step if cycling power doesn't take care of it.

See if you can dial out using pulse instead on tone this will tell you if your DTMF is bad

OP Offline
I ran back out there and cycled power, and still got the same results.

But wait! I was looking again at the manual, at Program 03. I think when I programmed that I entered all the defaults. But though the default for slot 03 is code 31 (KSTU installed), the default for slot 00 is code 91 (common control with no K4RCU) rather than 92 (common control with K4RCU). I would have thought that if the base configuration included a KSTU, it would have also included a K4RCU, but maybe not.

Would code 91 for slot 00 produce the behavior I experienced: dialing does not break dial tone?

I guess I would rather make a newbie mistake here than try to come up with a K4RCU on short notice!

Yes. Also in Prog. 31 make sure LED 17 is turned on for these ports.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
OP Offline
Steve, your interesting post appeared while I was writing my last one. If Program 03 turns out not to have been my problem, spare me another long hunt through the manual: what program(s) do I need to change to pulse dialing? And again, if pulse dialing works, I can reasonably conclude that the K4RCU is a likely culprit?

Just a few programs to check.
pgm 00 = 92
pgm 03 slot 13=31
pgm 12 digit 9 = 4secs.
pgm 30 led 11 = off

Can you call internally to station 10 or 11?
Can you call the analog stations from a digital station?
Do they ring or voice annouce?
If you call them and pickup...can you hear the other end?
Clip your buttset on the pins and listen....what do you hear?

If you haven't a DTMF to swap with I'd suggest to default the system again and start over......that's what Tech support always said to do! JK Seriously might be a good idea.
Make sure the K4RCU is in correctly and securely...reseat it.
Same thing with your KSTU.
Last thing check your amp cable.

Hope these help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024