web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a CTX670. It has a BIPU that I'm using for external/home users. It currently has 5 phones in use, and 6 phones configured. 19200 - 19205. It has an external IP address, no firewall.

For some reason 19203 doesn't work - it always comes up Registering IPT... Can't register IPT:E4.

All the other extensions work. I've tried different phones. All IPT 2020 phones.

I deleted and recreated the extension - to no avail. I've tried 729 and 711 codecs.

Hmmmmmmmm. Pondering this before I submitted it, I think that maybe another phone is on this port. If fact, looking at the IPT data, even after I deleted and recreated it that information was populated with information that is not from my phone.

If that's the case, how can I get the phone I want to use this extension? I tried applying the MAC address filter, and I tried forcing a fixed IP address - neither worked. Then I tried disabling the port and reenabling it. Still no good.

Ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

go to
"system ip data"

click on "get default"

submit

phone should come up...

In ipt data i always set opt 04-05 to Do not care

let me know it that works

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net
Error E:4 means that there is another phone configured to use that Station ID.

You can look under Maintainence to see if another phone is connected to that extension. Or call the DN see if you can intercom it. I'm not sure how you can go about disconnecting that phone remotely, unless you were in a LAN and admin address was programmed into the phones during setup.

Under Prg 150 IP data, you can try setting the FB2 Terminal Authentication, or Prg 250 FB 5 (which takes precendence) to force the system to only allow a certain MAC address to connect. I have not used this, and what I read sounds like the MAC field is read only.

pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
System IP data is the config for QoS and some authntication for the phones. I'm leery of resetting it, and I don't think it will help.

Changing the MAC authentication is a great idea! Or so I thought - that was what I tried as I was originally posting this. I think you're right - it's read only. I think the phone must register itself first and then it will work.

It started working. I think I know the issue though - there was a phone in use. My vendor had it setup at their shop for testing.

I am curious though - if a phone is using an extension, how can you cancel it/force another phone to be able to use that extension (IP Phones)?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Try resetting the BIPU, or initialize the IPT phone using the instructions from the IPT Admin guide.

pmc Offline OP
OP Offline
How do I reset the BIPU?

The issue is that the phone is remote, so I don't have the ability to reset it (easily).

How do I reset the BIPU?

Small button on face of card, hold for 5 seconds

If you can dial into the ctx, change the IP address of the BIPU, then change it back. the BIPU will reset.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024