web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I've tried another slot and another cabinet.
Version is AR2.22 MH214.00
Havn't Ininialised. can't I do auto-detect without it ?
Unfortunately don't have another system.

When I connect the Ethernet the Link and send lights are constantly on and the receive blinks from time to time.

Intresting thing is that I can set the IP address on the BIPU, but don't get any version number and can't ping the address.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I don't know why is a big deal for you, but you think that IPT can't go trough firewall. If you can help me with my BIPU I can figure out for you how to do through-firewall config - %99 shure about that.

P.S. if you have cisco %99 if it's a home-version like linksys or netgear %60.

The card is not auto-detected. We have to assign the card under Card Assignment. Only an initialise will auto-detect all the PCB cards.

Have you rebooted the system (cycle the power) after assigning the BIPU IP address? This will show the version number. And hopefully allow you to ping the ip address.

The LED blinking is a good sign.

I've setup IPTs that go through firewall.

- alfee -
OP Offline
Yeah but it's disturbing how many of the Toshiba installer says it's imposible ...

Yes I did card assign(100) on different slots, power down & up, I did IP assign but it doesn't geve me version.

Is it possibe to be Firmware problem or license ?

Upgrade your software to 3.xx. Dont know if thats gonna help you out much but at least you can be at the latest that processor can go. Sounds like either a license problem or a bad card possibly. Could even be a bad card slot. And yes, IPT's can go through a firewall.

OP Offline
Where do you get the firmware from ?

Firmware updates are only available from Toshiba to dealers. Updating the CTX isn't such a big deal usually (if all goes well). Updating the BIPU firware takes several steps and requires a DB-9 to 6P6C modular plug adaptor, (call a PPTC-9)that connects to the maintainance plug on the BIPU to a serial port on your PC. Many new laptops don't even have a 9 pin serial port.

If you didn't have enough licenses, you would not be able to create an extension, but you can still assign and program the card. The BIPU uses the same port licenses as all the other extensions.

Even Toshiba has always said that the BIPU can go thru a firewall. With BIPU-M2A, the IP phones can be behind a NAT firewall.

If the BIPU is to be accessed thru the Internet, then it can not be behind NAT. It has to have a public IP address.

Dont you still need the IP Telephony license? I know you dont need the endpoint license with the BIPU.

OP Offline
What I hear about the BIPU is that you need a second public IP just for the BIPU(beeing on the outside of the router), and what I'm saying is that the BIPU can be on the inside and still be used from both sides of the router w/o using VPNs

About my situation I guess I forgot to mention that I have licenses for the BIPU and already setup IPT extensions, but still can't firure out how to make it work.

Originally posted by RRino:
Dont you still need the IP Telephony license? I know you dont need the endpoint license with the BIPU.
Pretty sure IP telephone licenses and IP endpoint licenses started with the LIPU and SW ver 3.00. BIPU uses regular port licenses.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,351 Shoretel
189,001 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024