web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi I was wondering if anyone new anyone or business that are able to replace a harddrive for a stratagy ies32, Beside toshiba? We have one that is out of warranty and really would perfer an alternative to buying a new one.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Forgot to add I was able to make an image of the drive, but I know that toshiba writes the serial to the hardware and was wondering if anyone had away to flash or workaround.

You made a clone of the hard drive? did you try to install the other hard drive to see if it would work?

I'm not real sure how the licensing works on the IES. I know that they had an exchange program where the IES could be backed up with the backup utility and a new hard drive from Toshioba could be installed and the licences would be preserved. On the backup utility there was a box to check for hard drive exchange.

I know that you can send in the IES to Toshiba for repair, but often it is sent back without all the licenses which have to be installed by Toshiba again.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Have you tried remounting the image on a new drive?

OP Offline
Thanks for the repleys guys,
I did copy the image to another drive but it wouldn't boot. I wish there was a way to see what is going on during boot up like the flash, dk, and iv8. Does anyone know if the com port on the ies32 outputs any info during boot up. Its a shame toshiba only covers the drive for 2 years. I'm am open to any suggestions. Thanks again.

Just a couple quick notes that may or may not help:
I once screwed up the licencing on an IES by restoring them from another IES. The Windows would boot. I could get into the deskyop and Ping it, but stratagy would not start. So point being if its a licemse thing, Windows should still boot, or else it's a Windows NT thing.

Also a customer pointed out that the Drive installed was a 20Gig, but only had 8Gig partitioned, which we figured was a limitation of WIndows NT embeded. I would think that the image would partition the drive the same. Not sure if there is something else keeping the NT system from recognizing the drive correctly, unless BIOS does not detect it. Old PCs had to be set manually.

I hooked up to the Com port during boot 1 time and saw nothing. I Also wish I knew a way to see the boot.

Maybe get an IES 16 next time if you don't need all the ports. I have heard that the flash card is more stable. I would think so. Others may not. I have not replace one yet (Although they came out later).

We have a customer that filled the 1 Gig drive within 2 months because of faxes. The new SW has extended storage feature so we can send the messages to a networked PC. Works great so far.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
When you remounted the image, did you make sure that the imaging software made it bootable?

newtecky:
the company i worked for last year had an ies 16 and i worked fine until someone came along and didnt shut it down before turning off the phonesystem any way back to the point
the ies 16 is a great VM however it takes a lot longer to boot up than the ies 32 it has to do with the fact that it has a flash card and that it processes the boot slower

thanks
danie

hope this helps

OP Offline
I appriciate the repleies guys. phone meister Thanks for the suggestion I sometimes forget the little things. But I did make sure it was bootable. I put the drive in a pc with an 44 pin to 40 pin adapter and it tried to boot it. of course it didn't because the hardware was different but it let me know that the image was there and bootable. Thanks for the suggestions I think I'm going to start recommending the ies16's because when people have a problem instead of calling a tech they always kill the power in hopes to save money and don't shut the voicemails down in turn costing more money in the long run. Then complain the hardware is junk. The ies 32 is too expensive to be running on such an unstable hard drive when like you said it only uses an 8 gig partition. 8 gig compact flashes are not that expensive anymore.

Anyway I appriciate the help guys. And I will post If I ever find a way to get it working.

Mirroring a iES32 drive is an easy thing to do and usually takes 5 to 10 minutes tops. Your better off doing a Mirror to a CF drive and getting a CF adaptor. We do this on a weekly basis and as long as the iES HD is working it will be a much better solution. We typically charge customers $XXX + $XX Tech fee.

Last edited by phonemeister; 08/27/13 12:51 PM. Reason: Edited pricing
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024