web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
ARRGGHH DK280 not transferring to IVP8!!!

not sure what happened, but, this morning our receptionist calls me at home to say that the phones are working but cannot get to voicemail...

so I get here, call the phone guy, he has me remove and reseat the IVP8 card, it reboots or so it looks by the led lights, still nothing, rebooted the dk280, no change...

I then noticed that I did not hear the normal clicking when calls would come in, you know, that solenoid sound...not sure what it was that was making the sound, I just recall always hearing it when I was in the server room with and it was coming from the DK...well, no more clicky clicky...

I am beginning to think that there is something that makes the clicky that has to do with the calls getting from the DK280 to the IVP8 and it ain't working...

ANYONE have any insight or suggestions?

I also have tried multiple times to uadmin into the IVP8 and get that the modem is not on or running or whatever that generic no connection message is...

HELP!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
no one....??

yes, I am ansi....sitting here, waiting on the phone guy since 8am this morning...

what can I check to make sure that the dk280 is seeing and or utilizing the ivp8?

Is there a setting that ties the ivp8 to the vm extension, ie 300/301/302 in this instance?

fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
the RPTU card has a set of leds, the TS led is blinking constantly and the BSY light comes on and stays on pretty much solid, although I have seen it go off and come back on

the led light on the RCTUD is blinking, but not a consistantly timed blink, slow, fast, blink, blink blink, blink, blink blink blink....

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Dial the voicemail extension directly from your intercom button. Does it answer? The IVP8 does not make a clicking sound.

fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
nada...forgot to mention that...everything, including the vm extension just rang off the wall...

the clicking sound was there before when whe had the 'perfect voice' vm...so as far as I know it was in the system to begin with outside of the type of vm...

The phone guy just showed up and he says it is the flash drive that is corrupted on the ivp8...dangit...said it is covered under warranty but it would take a couple of days to get it replaced...I said that was not doable, need faster..he said he could get it here tomorrow, most likely, for a couple c-notes....boss man wasn't around so I said go fo it....

damn I will be happen when the 'powers that be' finally get tired of shooting themselves in the foot with this thing and just replace it.....

decision maker is never here and I get yelled at for the decisions he makes...yeeeeehaaaaaaa!

fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
went back into the server room after the phone tech left with the ivp8, started tinkering around and....clicky clicky....the click was back when the called were coming in, well, from outside did's I believe....internal just dropped on phone or busy if nothing was attached....

So then I just hooked up my generic home type answering machine that I used last time this happened....created an extension 299 and directed all calls that were directed to the broken voicemail extension and pointed that extension to 299...works like a champ...(setup as a standard line)

please oh please phone gods, please help da boss man see the light and just replace the oldtired dk280...let me work with equipment made in this century.....

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024