web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have a Toshiba phone system that was installed in our business ten years ago. The system included five DKT-2010 phones and two SX-2007 cordless units.

For the last couple of years the SX-2007s have become progressively worse for range, sound quality and always wanting the battery replaced. I decided to replace them with DKT-2010-SDs.

I've plugged the phone line into the DKT-2010-SDs and have no dial tone or power, so apparently something else needs to be done.

I'd appreciate some guidance.

Thanks, Neil Fischer

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Welcome to the board. You are lucky you didn't blow something up. I don't know what a "SX2007" is, but based on the age of the system, I have to guess its an analog phone. You cannot plug a digital ("DKT") phone into an analog port.

Locate a certified Toshiba dealer in your area and have them come out to convert that analog port to digital.

Good Luck.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
The label on the phone reads:

Toshiba
900MHZ DIGITAL
SPREAD SPECTRUM
SX-2007

Neil

OK. I'm thinking that is an early version of the newer 2004 cordless. Down and dirty, that 2010SD should work.

Please be patient and you'll get a response here from someone who knows that product better than I do. wink

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

I think the SX-2007 are analog not digital , did you have to dial 9 to access an outside line.
If you have an old 2500 set(House phone) plug it in and see if there is dialtone if so it is analog

These are in fact analog cordless sets. They can not plug in a digital set and have it work, please contact your vendor to change these ports from analog to digital or get replacement analog corded/cordless sets.

Steve and Bob - I appreciate you guys jumping in. I am not familiar with the SX2007. I guess I was right in my original assessment. Yea, Me!! :banana:

I hope we get an update from the OP.

OP Offline
I'm still here. I have an appointment Tuesday morning with the local Toshiba tech to change those two ports over to digital.

Thanks for all your input.

Neil

OP Offline
The tech finally showed up. After looking at the system he said there was only one line available for a digital conversion, line #11. If I want to add the other phone we will need to add a "card" that will allow two more extensions.

Does this make sense? Also, he says the cards are obsolete, so he'll have to track one down.

Anyone here have a card for a Strata DX14?

Neil

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Well, I've never heard of a DX14... however I have heard of a DK14. It may be too late for my memory to work, but I don't know of a two port digital card.

They are either 4 (RDSU) or 8 (PDKU) port digital cards in Toshiba land for the DK series. If it is a DK14, then you would have 8 available digital ports already in the base cabinet, and from the sounds of it a KSTU that gives you four analog ports.

From the original post it says that you have 5 phones installed. If that is the case, you will have 3 digital ports not in use, hence three available ports for digital phones... of course assuming this is a DK (not a DX) 14. It may be coincidental, but them telling you that you have one port available and the ability to add a two port card sounds off to me. Ask the dealer what the two port card is called, as again I am not aware of one.

Thanks,
Tony

PS - How many digital phones are currently working (in service)?

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,261 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,385 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 132 guests, and 399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024