web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#195504 11/18/08 07:58 AM
OP Offline
Hello!

Just installed an IVP8R2 VM into a DK40i system. Having a few quirky problems:

1. They have the AA on 24/7 and with every incomign call it rings 1 time then goes to the AA - can I fix this?

2. There are several phones progrmamed with phantoms that correspond to "Operator", "Service" and "Parts". I have assigned owners to all these phantoms and done the ID codes and call forwarding on them. The problem: intermittently when a caller presses the option in the AA the call will get disconnected or ring 8-9 times and forward back to the main greeting. You can try again and it works fine - in fact, it was working fine when I was there this morning.

any ideas??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#195505 11/18/08 09:42 AM
What rings 1 time? If the phones are ringing then you should remove them from ringing in that mode(81-87)If your voicemail is picking up after 1 ring the only way to really alleviate this is to use SMDI. Also you could check in Stratagy System Configuration the option called "n_rings=" and make sure it is set to 1 for all ports.
The reason your getting disconnects on transfer is most likely a collision with another port coming in. Try this in your extension field as a test:

@f-w(2,t)xxx-h

where xxx is the extension...I think that token will work.

That will do a hookflash and wait 2 seconds for dialtone and then dial the extension and hangup. If no dialtone is heard it should recall you right back to vm.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
#195506 11/19/08 01:37 AM
OP Offline
I have programmed in 87 for all lines to ring to DH 900, but when the Night mode is on any incoming call still rings one time to the phone first before the AA picks up.

Would your token also get rid of the times when a call comes to the phantom and never forwards according to the busy-no answer forward I set? The other question I have is if a call to this option is answered does it free up the phantom for another call or is the phantom busy? If so, when a second call comes in, should it forward to the mailbox since I have call forward set?

Would adding a second phantom in a unt group help?

#195507 11/19/08 01:50 AM
The call will stay on the PhDN unless you have appearances of the lines on the phones where it rings. If they phones have lines the call will jump to them and free up the PhDN. If the phones don't have the lines on them then you should definitely have multiple PhDN's in a hunt otherwise it will not forward if the PhDN is busy.

As for the single ring issue, go into prog. *87 and clear out whatever is in there for your trunks. By default port 000 is set for all trunks.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
#195508 11/19/08 04:19 AM
OP Offline
I do have line appearance on all the phones. I will check out *87 as well.

Thanks

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (OBT), 69 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024