web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#196214 01/27/09 09:23 AM
trinsic Offline OP
OP Offline
HI Everyone new here. Im a independant computer consultant with a brief history of phone systems. I did some extension configurations at a job awhile back, so I know a little bit about phone systems but not much.

I have a customer that wants to be able to program a button on that would turn on/off a forward that would forward all incomming calls on the primary number to his cellphone. The system seems to have 3 lines comming in. Its a toshiba strata ctx28

The question is, I dont see a manual out there that talks about configuring the software.. but maybe there is a better way to do it. I was wondering if any of you could help?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

you'll probably need to use emanager. create a phantom dn make phone the owner, have the co's DIT to the phantom and forward it to the cell phone. put buttons to turn on forwarding and turn off.
hope this gets you started

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi trinsic and welcome to the board!

If you have a CTX 28, you can program a CF-AC toggle button via One-Touch. The user manual has the instructions. PM me if you have trouble.

Thanks,
Tony

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
You can only call forward if either the lines are set to ring directly to an extension (or phantom as mentioned above) or an extension is set as the owner of the lines and incoming calls "DIT" are not set.

Either way requires some minor programing of the system may be required.

trinsic Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok thanks guys.

I am looking at emanager now.. pretty sweet.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You also inquired about a manual. If you already have eManager, then a manual in PDF is included in the installation. Go to the "help" section to find it.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
In this scenario, you could do a day2 mode and DIT all the lines to the cell number. You have to remember that doing things this way takes up 2 lines, one for the incoming call and another for the outgoing. You stated that you have 3 lines. The first call will forward fine, but another call coming in at the same time will not be able to forward. Might be better here to forward via *72 and *73 codes if they are available from your provider.

Originally posted by RRino:
You stated that you have 3 lines. The first call will forward fine, but another call coming in at the same time will not be able to forward. Might be better here to forward via *72 and *73 codes if they are available from your provider.
Good point. You can only have 1 call forwarded at a time. The second call will likely get a busy signal.

I have set a DIT to an extenal number. The only downside is that the number can only be changed using emanager. If the custmer doesn't mind then it works good.

trinsic Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by RRino:
In this scenario, you could do a day2 mode and DIT all the lines to the cell number. You have to remember that doing things this way takes up 2 lines, one for the incoming call and another for the outgoing. You stated that you have 3 lines. The first call will forward fine, but another call coming in at the same time will not be able to forward. Might be better here to forward via *72 and *73 codes if they are available from your provider.
If I setup a foward for that number, and other calls came on on the other lines to that number, is it possible to make them ring to voice mail?

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
If I understand your setup, No, they will try to forward and fail.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024