Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
ok, so, problem starts with a DK280, mix in an office closing in another area code not to be replaced but we want the numbers in use from the other area code to terminate in the dk280 and then call forward out to a number of choice within that different area code...problem now is there is a long distance code implemented where the DK280 is so ever long distance call that goes out is summarily prompted for that given user's long distance code. Now I have gotten as far as the long distance code prompt and am stuck as to how to get past that...

in summation for those with DK280's who want to 'call forward external'

1. you need to program two flexible keys on the phones in question that you want to use this on:
a: speed dial select (* key)
b: call forward external

2. on the given phone you need to program the external number you want the calls forwarded to as station speed dial #49, to do this press the redial button, speed dial select button from above, 49, (usually 9 for an outside line), phone number forwarding to, redial button.

3. toggle 'call forward external' on/off by toggling the button you mapped to 'call forward external'

now just test with calling from an outside number like your cell phone.

this will not work with calls originating inside if an extension number is dialed but I tried it from inside dialing an internally assigned DID and it worked fine.

This also works for calls going to a different area code it seems, just throw in the programming mix the prefacing area code before entering in the forward to number.

my question is, at this point, the number goes to the other end and tooooooone which is prompting for my long distance code which is what the clients calling in will here...IS there a way to get around this...?? I think there probably is if I could use pauses and time the pauses properly and add my long distance code into the programmed station speed dial #49...

whew.....

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
That's a lot of typing smile

You should be able to program a pause, with LED04. Do your normal sequence of REDIAL, SD, 49, etc. and every pause should = 3 seconds. I think there is a limit of 13 total characters on a 280 though... so double check that, as well.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by MacOSX:
That's a lot of typing smile
I tried to id10tproof it

You should be able to program a pause, with LED04. Do your normal sequence of REDIAL, SD, 49, etc. and every pause should = 3 seconds. I think there is a limit of 13 total characters on a 280 though... so double check that, as well.
I always wondered what you guys are talking about when you mention things like LED04...what on earth does that mean? I don't recall seeing anything like that in the dkadmin programming software...?? :shrug:

just get rid of the 280, upgrade to a 670 and be done with all that button pressing. smile

fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an nec dsx guy that hooked me up with one for my San Antonio office, I make all changes now via a gui over the internet... wink

but the only reason I have that toy is because it was a new office....this place, well, we are stuck with this beast until it needs more parts and they are too expensive or cannot be found...I have already told my phone vendor to take his time and come back with a 'can't find parts' or 'very expensive' quotes if this thing has hardware failure again...but the beast will not drop dead....it's always something cheap and easy...like me... wink

for this dk280, I use the dkadmin gui software...makes it easier...except this one conundrum....

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
LED04 refers to the 4th button up, from the bottom.

LED01 is normally labeled a the intercom key, but when programming it is used as a selection button (LED = light emitting diode).

The DK series systems were rock solid... the worst that may happen is a blown power supply.

TadiranTexasTech is correct - upgrade if you want an easier user interface, when dealing with admin programming. It doesn't get much easier than Network eManger! The cost shouldn't be prohibitive, if you have all digital cards and phones... they will migrate to the new system. Toshiba has always been good about making parts backwards compatible.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
LED04 refers to the 4th button up, from the bottom.

LED01 is normally labeled a the intercom key, but when programming it is used as a selection button (LED = light emitting diode).

The DK series systems were rock solid... the worst that may happen is a blown power supply.

TadiranTexasTech is correct - upgrade if you want an easier user interface, when dealing with admin programming. It doesn't get much easier than Network eManger! The cost shouldn't be prohibitive, if you have all digital cards and phones... they will migrate to the new system. Toshiba has always been good about making parts backwards compatible.
I was guessing that is what you were referring to, but as with all kinds of 'geek' speak...you never know....my users tell me all they hear when I try and help them is Charlie Brown's Teacher's voice...mwaaah, mwaaaah, mwaaaaah...hahaha

going to try the concoction now...

fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
hmm...I must have something different on LED04 than the norm...as soon as I hit that in the sequence, I get an outside line..

ok, DING!

so that key normally has a 'pause' setting attached to it in the flex key setup for the phone.....A-HA!

ok, now the water is not so muddy....

programming PAUSE to the LED04!

trying the concoction again!

ok, well it looks like we are now past that part and now the problem is if I enter any numbers after either a short pause or a long pause, the call hangs up when it gets to that point...I am guessing because if I just end the programming with a pause or several pauses, I still end up getting the tone to enter my ld code on the caller end....hmmm...???

if there is a 13 digit limit, it is letting me put more than that in, 20 I believe...

stumped....

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Have you tried program 71 and 72? Read the important notes for program 72 in the programming manual.

fooey Offline OP
OP Offline
the old RTFM...ok, I will find it and read up...problem with most of this phone tech speak is it only makes sense to phone techs....kine of like mechanic speak or computer guy speak....

program 71 and 72...off to the races...

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,319 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, nortelvoip), 96 guests, and 358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024