Phone Systems

AtcomCloud Online Store
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm still working on all of my auto attendants across the school district I work in. It's just a great time. laugh

I can create an auto-attendant using mailbox 6000 and setting DND on and Chain RNA to AUTOATTENDANT. When I create a mailbox 60000 or 600000, for example, I get the Toshiba Girl talking to me saying "Thank you for calling... if you know your party's extension". If I dial "60000" or "6000000" after I hear this, I get the instructional greeting like normal, though.

The settings for each mailbox are identical. The Mailbox ID is the only thing that is different between the mailboxes.

Is this just a limitation of the Stratagy? I've used a PilotDN to go to that mailbox along with changing a station's VMID to point to it. No luck.

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
After you exit the Auto Application in Stratagy such as your RNA Chain = Auto Attendant XXXX by dialing any digit, the application is designed to return you to the Instructional Greeting, this is normal.

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
The problem is I never get to the instructional greeting or any greeting. I get the instructional greeting and normal greeting before it when I have a mailbox setup with a four digit extension, 6000 in this case. When I create an identical mailbox with extension 60000 or more digits, it goes to the Toshiba Girl saying "Thank you for calling...". I'm assuming this is the default auto attendant mailbox.

I've been able to move on by finding a block that I can use in the 4 digit range. I just wanted to make the numbers easier to use by taking the extension, then adding 01, 02, etc. to the mailbox so that extension 6000 would use 600001, 600002, etc. to have as auto attendants. We'll have so many and I have more than just me servicing this equipment that the more logical I can make things the less problems we will have in the future.

Your voicemail is most likely setup to look at a specific amount of digits for every starting number. For example "6" is probably setup as 4 digits. Therefore, it ignores everything after the 4th digit is dialed. This done in Stratagy system config.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Makes sense. Thank you for the assistance.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,682
Posts636,151
Members49,603
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
sandi ann
Newest Members
Motel6Guy, JustAGuy, Dialtony, FatherLot, RFarrarMD
49,603 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Yoda 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 62 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Best VoIP Phones | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022