web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tvance Offline OP
OP Offline
New to the forum, formerly in a tech field, but out of it for years. I've been tasked with keeping up our phone systems for a mid-sized church.

1. Our phones currently ring 3 times then go to auto-attendant. How to I change the incoming ring timer to get 5 or 6 rings?

2. It looks like CFNA timer 104>08 controls the time for alls extensions to ring before going to voicemail, is this correct? (I discovered this while searching for method of doing #1 above). If so, is there an adjustment for individual extensions?

3. At the end of our auto-attendant message there is a very short delay before the call is ended. Is there a timer that controls this so that I can either allow more time, or maybe auto-return the caller to the beginning of the menu?

BTW: Using Network eManager v5 on XP Pro

Local vendor gave limited training and wants to do anything additional as billable on-site training. I wanted to see what I can learn about system first, before having them out for a paid session. I realize not all my questions can be answered here, but hopefully a few will be. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi tvance and welcome to the board! smile

Find out where the lines ring in DIT assignments, then we can better tell you how to adjust the timer. It will depend if the destination is a MCG, PhDN, PDN, etc.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
tvance Offline OP
OP Offline
Tony,
Thanks for quick response.
Found Trunk > Trunk Assignments > DIT
Day1 Destination Type 'Dialing Digits'
Day1 Dialing Digits '500'
MOH Source '1 Processor MOH Jack'

Is this what you mean by "Find out where the lines ring in DIT assignments"?

Tim

500 is probably a multiple call group , that has all the extensions that need to ring immediately , and the voicemail pilot number is probably set for delay 1 . You can adjust the delay 1 timer. Or 500 is a phantom extension. Check under stations/ multiple call groups

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Tvance:
1. as above you have probably got a MCG with the main phones set as immediate ringing and the pilot number of voicemail set as delay 1, on the first page of the MCG you can set the timers for each MCG for delay1 and delay2.

2. If your extns are using a SCF template for BNA or NA then the timer in P104 controls all extns using the template. If the user sets a user call forward this will overide the SCF and allow the user to set their own timer between 08-60 seconds, 12 secs will be set by default if not specified. The process will be #6041 (VM Pilot No) (08-60) #.

3. In the AA mailbox there is a chain delay and a chain done value. If the chain done is set to 999 and the delay is 40 for example then the mailbox will wait 4 seconds before going to the hangup mailbox. It is not recommended to set the chain done back to the AA mailbox as this created a programming loop and the calls can get stuck if the call doesnt clear down correctly. You couold send it to a mailbox that has DND off and the extn field of 500-H so the call transfers back to the MCG and tries the extns again before returning to the AA again.

Do you have the VM Manager software? as this is what you will need to look/adjust the voicemail setup.

Carl

Regards
Carl
tvance Offline OP
OP Offline
Steve, when I checked, 500 was indeed a multiple call group, so adjustig the delay timer there took care of the issue. Thanks. #1 done.

Carlos, I got it. Now I can adjust each extension as needed. Thanks. #2 done.

#3 still open ... Sounds like what I need is to add to the menu "Press 400 to return to the main menu", then increase the chain delay to allow more time for user to input their options, then allow it to go to hangup if no response (as it does already). I don't have the VM Manager software. Is this something I should go back to the original vendor for? or is it available as a download? This is a CIX40 using the 'built-in' voicemail, as I understand it. What information do I need to acquire the correct software?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You will need to speak to whoever supplied the phone system and ask for the VM Manager as you won't be able to do what is needed using the admin mailbox functionality.
It is best to use single digit menus like Press 0 for the operator or Press 9 to repeat this message etc etc.

The voicemail in the CIX40 is the GVPH but has the same operation as all the other Toshiba voicemails.

Carl

Regards
Carl

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024