Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ro58 Offline OP
OP Offline
A warm hello from UK
I hope one of you guys could end my misery and answer a question on a Toshiba Strata CIX40.

I am hoping to extract real-time Caller Id from its SMDR output (RS232, or LAN).
Could someone please confirm that whether SMDR record will appear on the RS232 port (BSIS1A card) as soon as the operator answers the call.

I mean I want to be sure the SMDR information is not buffered and not given out every hour or so as it mentions in TM feature (it is available as soon as it is generated).
Any chance someone could send me a screen shot of the SMDR data on this switch?

Many thanks for your help and have a nice weekend.
RO58

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Not exactly real time, but close. It will spit out the data when the call is terminated.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
BobRobert is correct. I am curious what you're going to use the raw info for. It may better serve you to get a call accounting solution of some sort. How many lines do you have?

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Expensive option, but I think you would need something like Taske to pull real time info, SMDR always buffers information until the call is completed.

ro58 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Guys
Many thanks for your interest and help. and sorry for the late reply due to being away for few days.

It is quite disappointing that CIX40 with all its capabilities does not support the real time SMDR.

To answer your question we need the raw CLI immediately after the call being answered in order to use the telephone number to populate the Operators' screen in the Call centers with the Details of the customers, address, Acc. Nr., etc, without asking too many questions from them.
This makes the call processing very efficient.

Please let me know if we can extract the CLI data in any other way from CIX40 for this type of application
best regards
reza

ro58 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Mj_Wald
We frequently use Samsung Office Serv series and they break down the SMDR record to multiple records which are output in Various stage of the call (ringing, answerd, terminated ...).
looks Toshiba has missed something here!
reza

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Yeah, you'll have to get a third party interface to get real time CID support. As mj_wald said, Taske is a very well know application for this.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
In the "old days" we would put a RPCI on the phone and it would integrate with a contact manager program through a old TTY connection. That would give the operators a screen pop of the callers info.

Today,?? Make your own CTI app. Oaisys may make something that would work. Most of Toshiba's apps are 3rd party. Look around, some one should do this.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
What you need is the Toshiba Call Manager CTI as this will screen pop in real time into whatever application you want it to.
The SMDR will always be post call for call accounting. The output is very comprehensive and the can be used with lots of different accounting software like OAK, Tim4Biz, Phone Control, PABX Soft etc etc.
The SMDR will breakdown all parts of the call including multi part calls with all parts of the call output to the SMDR with a global ID so you can associate who was involved in that particular call.

Regards
Carl
ro58 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys once more

It looks this a sad end to my endeavour!
I was hoping someone would say yes Toshiba spits out SMDR records in real-time as Samsung does.
has any of you guys have access to a CIX with SMDR active on it and being passed to a external Call logging application. A simple Hyper Terminal test on that link would prove for ever how the data is coming out.
I still have a small flame burning in my brain saying Toshiba cannot be that different from Samsun!
Unfortunately I am a software eng. and have not got any knowledge or access to this CIX that I am trying to integrate with.

The problem is that we cannot go TAPI as well since the application needing CLI operates over Citrix on remote servers and the only easy way to pass the data to remote application is via RS232 (we can use TCP to RS232 converters if CLI data is provided over LAN from the PBX).

Anyway, thanks a bunch, you have all for being so helpful. Please let me know if the picture changes.
Best of luck to you all
Reza

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,308 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024