web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Heck even an understanding of how the system works might be handy..

As I understand it, "108" is a profile in the phone manager. 108 is the "wall" profile that gets uses for all incoming lines. If it's in mode 3 "night" it will wait long enough (seconds) to allow 3 rings and then it will pass the call to voice mail. At that point it leaves the main system and is transferred to the LVMU?

So I want to edit the "108" profile to change the "delay" to forward to voice mail when it's in mode "1" which is "day mode"?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
UPDATE: The boss wants to try and get CallerID working to..

My digging shows this is the card we need to add to give the first 4 incoming lines CallerID?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Toshiba-Strata..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51919dfed4

Can it really be that simple? Get the card, shut the system down, fire it up, and check that the time to display CID on the LCDs is set high enough?

Originally posted by Chris Rich:
UPDATE: The boss wants to try and get CallerID working to..

My digging shows this is the card we need to add to give the first 4 incoming lines CallerID?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Toshiba-Strata..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51919dfed4

Can it really be that simple? Get the card, shut the system down, fire it up, and check that the time to display CID on the LCDs is set high enough?
Yep, thats all you need to do. Oh wait, this is a Toshiba system we are talking about :p . Then there is a bit more work. But at least you don't have to power off the system.

But you would need a bit of wiring skills, becase the RCIU requires the lines be wired in parallel to the RCOS. You noticed that those cards also have RJ-11 terminations on them?

Then program the card assignments and the Caller ID in the trunk assigments, then you may be all set.

Toshiba eventually devoloped a card with built in caller ID (BCOCIU).

As far as what determines how an incoming call gets routed; here is the word of the day, DIT (well, initials at least). That is where you start to find out how the calls ring in. It is likely that ext 108 is just the place where the night key is located, and that extension's settings does not directly control how and where the lines ring. There are many ways that a programer could have set this up.

And finally, yes, the LVMU is connected through a serial connection, but it's at least it is a bit faster then 9600. Software is required.

OP Offline
I have the patience of a chopping block when it comes to wiring and such. I may lack some of the tools though.. I'm still searching for the RJ-12 block for my crimpers..

BCOCIU isn't *that* much more.. would it then be more plug and play?

I can build a server in my sleep so not knowing the basics on this feels so odd to me.

I looked up DIT in PRGM1 PDF and I'm getting some hits that look like they are in the ballpark of what I want. Such slow going learning it from scratch.

More custom software?! On a serial connection?! Is this more dealer-only stuff, and if so what should I be asking/looking for.

Thanks for the clues, hopefully I'll solve this soon.

The only time it is truely Plug and play is when you initialize the system it will automatically identify the cards. But please do not do this unless, you want to spend all weekend on a crash course in programmming just to get it to work like it did before you wiped out all the programming.

The BCOCIU is a bit easier as far as wiring, and the programming is takes one less entry, and it only takes 1 slot instead of 2.

Adding a card on an existing CIX system always requires that you open up emanager and program the new card. Programming for either is pretty basic. I would even say that as far as programming, adding caller ID to an existing systeM is easier with an RCIU. Moving exisitng trunks from an RCOU to a BCOCIU would require a bit more work.

The voicemail software you need is called Stratagy VM manager. Don't confuse this with Stratagy ES Administrator. And just like the other software, only a dealer can download from Toshiba.

OP Offline
Okay I'm requesting a copy of of the VM Manager and I'm asking the seller of the RCIU if there's any cabling assistance he can offer.

I've done some insanely varied programming of software in my time including obscure Japanese right to left coding in hardware that needs everything in hex codes..

So the software side doesn't spook me if there's any sort of reference to go by. wink

Really appreciate the help here guys! This is awesome thanks!

Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Who's supplying the VM Manager?

OP Offline
My local dealer did eventually get us a copy of the ES Admin software so that's who I asked first for the VM Manager.

It's my understanding that we could approach Toshiba directly but they would ask us to first challenge our local dealers anyway?

OP Offline
Sounds like caller ID will be too much $$ to add as the seller is adding almost $300 of extra parts:
"You will need an RCIU2A and an RCIS1A along with them 4 adapters I mentioned to you earlier plus four cords."

Got the VM Manger software now.. So I'm just a PPTC-9 from having all the software and hardware talking, then it's just a matter of figuring out that DIT hint I hope. wink

OP Offline
I think this confirms?
"The RCIU is required along with analog loop start lines (RCOU) to provide the caller id feature. RCIS subassembly unit can be installed can be installed on the RCIU to provide 4 additional caller id circuits. "

Since we have an "RCOU3A" we'd need to install the RCIU2A to get us caller ID on one line and then the RCIS1A for a total of 4 lines of caller ID?

Please let me know if I'm getting the wrong idea.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,786
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,082 Shoretel
188,985 CTX100 install
187,371 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dans 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, SSPhone, Professor Shadow, Gary S.), 137 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024