web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
i live in louisiana and as most know we just had 2 hurricanes hit us. well im getting alot of request's from my customers that they need a letter from me to their insurance companies. this is so the insurance company will cover their equipment that was damaged due to water (one company's phone system was under 4' of water!! i'm just not sure what to write, I'm guessing that someone else has gone through this as well. so if you could maybe send me something that i could use as a template are anything i could use that would be great!! thank you in advance, Mike :shrug:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What do you write when a customer wants a recommendation from you for work on their system?

"At your request we inspected your ______ phone system and wiring and found that it is damaged beyond repair due to being submerged in water. We are providing the following quotation for the replacement of all components including premise wiring, jacks, and the system itself."

Then go on to give a quote to replace what was there with current and COMPARABLE equipment. DO NOT include any upgrages or additional wiring or equipment.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I've never been ask to "write a letter" to a customer's insurance company but I've certainly filled out many affidavits stating exactly what my professional opinion was regarding the cause of the damage to the insured equipment.

Hal's suggestion is a good idea along with the affidavit. I would ask them to get the forms you will need to fill out from their insurance carrier.

But be sure you do not throw the damaged equipment in the trash! I always leave it on site and advise my customer to hang on to it until the insurance company tells them whether or not they want the equipment for verification purposes!

OP Offline
Great thank you both very much, and for such a fast response. I think this will take care of this question again thank you both very much!!

"A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS"

Hopefully, the demolition and dry-down; insurance; and restoration companies all photographed the damage. However, in situations dealing with damaged property, i.e. equipment and/or wiring facilities, we also document with photographs (and detailed notes) any and all damage related to our trade involvement, including "expert opinions" solicited and/or rendered, estimates (bids, quotes, proposals, etc.), service calls, work orders, invoices, etc., etc., etc.

Documentation is king!

Good luck!

COMTEK Technologies, Inc.â„¢
Information Technologies Integratorsâ„¢
Celebrating 37+ Years Serving California & The Western United States!
(619) 266-1000 • (800) 525-7100

an interCONNECT-ITâ„¢ company
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Even with all of that, you still might get some snot-nosed kid fresh out of high school that ends up being the adjuster.

Had that with a fire victim. He saw the 1A2 equipment on the wall that had been destroyed by smoke & water and insisted that I reuse it. This system had been installed in the earlym 60's & bought out later from Bell. The Jerk didn't even know what a "Dial" phone was.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Most of the Insurance Affidavits are very short, sweet, and to the point. Some companies will have their own form that they want used, others just want a generic affidavit. What Hal posted above is an excellent form.

I've never been ask to "write a letter" to a customer's insurance company but I've certainly filled out many affidavits stating exactly what my professional opinion was regarding the cause of the damage to the insured equipment.

I have never been asked too write a letter to an insurance company either. Always it was to the customer who would use it to show the insurance company the cause and what the cost will be to repair or replace. I have never been asked to fill out any affidavits, my reports have always been sufficient as an authorized dealer and legitimate business.

I think this is all the OP has been asked to provide.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
in this case the customers insurance company wants a letter from me on my letter head i guess stating the equipment is no longer any good. i'm going to use the short and sweet statment that Hal posted above. thanks again for all the help.

OP Offline
o by the way the customer had a dk 424 and since those are no longer being made i will have to replace it with a 670. the reason im saying this is that in this thread someone wrote not to upgrade any of there equipment but in this case i dont see where i have a choice. the customer should not have to settle for refurbished equ.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,861 Shoretel
188,979 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024