web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

We have a customer who has closed a few branches but has set up star service diversion on the office numbers to head office which happens to be a DK280 with a ISDN30 PRI circuit on BT. The 280 is rejecting these calls(something to do with an extra message in the call set up). We have tested this sevice to several other 280 PRI sites with mixed results - some work some don't!
My question is does anyone remember what is required to cure the problem? Is it an RPTU version change or 280 software issue or just a programming alteration?
Cheers
Rich

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I would check the firmware version on the RPTU card first to make sure it is the latest.
What version software are you running on the DK280?
Did you do Digtrace? can you post it up here for us to look at?

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
All good questions bud.

I will first compare the software and firmware levels on the working and non working sites and post an update. I have not been to the main site as this fault has literally just landed on my desk frown

OP Offline
FYI,

I have upgraded the RPTU1 firmware from 1S to 2A which has made no change. (It was the easiest route to take first)
The 280 is currently running 5E software so I guess the next stage is to put it onto the lastest known good version (6N/P from memory?)
We have performed a temp fix by diverting the branches to a virtual number which then forwards to the 280 which accepts the call so we know that the problem lies with the ETSI message received from the network.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
5E software on the DK280 should be fine.
2A on the RPTU is also the correct version to be using.

From memory I am not sure the DK280 supported the Information Element (IE message) which is what you are sending by trying to do with the * diversion.

Pretty sure we have had to use a call forward external to get the calls to the external destination.
Exchange based diversion only worked on PSTN lines not the BRI or PRI.

Strange that you have got it to work on some other sites, are they running a PRI supplied by someone other than BT?

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
No mate they are all on BT although different exchanges. I will visit the known working site in the near future and check the config and confirm software/firmware versions.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,964 CTX100 install
187,201 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 125 guests, and 182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024