#205619 11/22/11 06:01 AM
OP Offline
Hi All,

We have a client that has the following cabinets:

DKSUE424A
DKSUE280A
DKSUE280A
DKSUB280A

They have a local vendor who has been servicing this system. They just lost their IT manager (he quit) and we are in for the duration.

My problem is that I need a very simple ring group setup. The vendor's response is that the system is too old. When I have queried them on further followup questions (such as, can we cpu/firmware update the system, etc.) they aren't responding. The biggest problem is that the outgoing IT manager got them all excited over the possibility of dropping a new $100K VoIP system into the company, and they now have no incentive to offer any kind of solution that is anything less than a complete forklift replacement to a new system. (the $100K would involve recabling the building) The customer absolutely can't afford a new system.

Anyway, I have experience with various Panasonic phone systems but I know nothing at all about this Toshiba and in any case my main goal is prodding the vendor into getting their head out of the clouds. If anyone can tell me if it really is true or not that you can't define an extension ring group in this system, or in any DK system, I'd appreciate it. Even better would be a response along the lines of "update the cards in the system to such and such a version and you can do that"

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#205620 11/22/11 07:35 AM
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
When you say ring group, are you asking to create a hunt group (serial or distributed)? Or do you want to ring a bunch of phones all at the same time?

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
#205621 11/25/11 06:15 AM
OP Offline
Well an update (somewhat) on this. The vendor did respond (maybe he reads this forum, hee hee) He says the system has a C/D processor card and if we updated it to an E processor card that it could do ring groups. He didn't say anything about firmware revisions or any of that. I just wonder if the CPU update is necessary or if the existing CPU card in it could be flash-updated with newer firmware. If a CPU update is required, does the old CPU card have any value on the secondary market at all?

When I said ring group I meant that I want to ring a bunch of phones at the same time. (actually not a bunch, just 4 of them) The system has around 70 extensions on it. The extensions use phones that are model DKT2020-SD
Th eextension numbers range from 200 - 348. There's big gaps in the numbering plan.

#205622 11/25/11 07:02 AM
Online Content
Read up on using phantom directory numbers. You can program a PhDN on multiple phones and when dialed, it will ring all that are programmed to ring. Installing an E/F processor is not necessary to accomplish task.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,469 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 111 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024