web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
A little background:

We have a CTX670 and our user is able to dial 911 from their desk phone.

When the deskphone dials 9-911, they get routed to the emergency operator as well as ring our receptionist.

Our receptionist is able to converse in the call as well.

Am I correct to assume the ability for our receptionist to intercept these 911 calls are in the Emergency Call Destination Assignment?

Also is it safe to assume that the Enhanced 911 allows our users to call 911 from their digital deskphone by dialing 9-911.

Im trying to get a grasp on how our emergency team at the office will handle 911 calls in the case of an emergency.

Also, how many DN can I add to the Emergency Page All group?

I believe that the Paging group has a limitation of 125 DN correct?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Also, how do you test dialing 911 if there is really no emergency?

Users can dial 9 + 911. Dialing just 911 usually also works after 5 seconds (default timer).

When you call 911, never just hang up. The first thing you should say is that this is not an emergency call. Some carriers I have worked with require a 911 test call as part up there test and turn-up to new service, so I have called 911 many times, but so far not for a real emergency.

You can also take the time to ask if they show the correct number and address. Just remember that they can get pretty busy, so probabaly best to keep it short.

The extensions in the emergency call destination will also ring to notify them of a 911 call.

I am pretty sure you are correct about the page group limitations.

911, or 9+911 will call 9-1-1 service and also the emergency ringdown destination, after a 5 second judgement timer expires. The timer will cancel a long distance mis-dial in the event that someone is making a long distance call and hit the 1 twice by mistake, then continued to dial a telephone number after the digits 9+1+1.

If you dial #911, it will ring the INTERNAL emergency ringdown destination only, it will not place a call to the 911 agency. #911 is adjustable in the flexible access codes if you wish to make it something else. (CIX)

I always test new installations by calling 911 and saying "Telephone Tech testing new phone installation - thank you..."

It's quick, it's informative, and it does the job.

I learned the hard way never to hang up - I tried testing 911 by dialing it then hanging up when I was installing a system at a nursing home. (You can guess the rest...)

FYI, Some cities in Illinois will dispatch a police officer no matter what you say unless you call the non-emergency number first and tell them you will be testing. Found that one out the hard way...

To answer part of your question about emergency page, that is not for 911, but a way for a phone to initiate a page to phones and override DND.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,760 Shoretel
188,957 CTX100 install
187,197 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 135 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024