web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
light Offline OP
OP Offline
I want an incoming call to get an auto attendant greeting (using menus) and give a single digit option (Press 1 for Sales, 2 for...) to be Transferred to a Hunt Group of 3 phones that should all ring simultaneously. If the call is NOT answered by any of the 3 phones in the Hunt group I want the call to go to a general sales Voice Mailbox (I tried this mailbox as part of Hunt Group) that is not associated with any of the 3 phones in the group. I can then put a voice mail button on all 3 phones). This seems to work if a CO line directly rings into the group but does not work if the call is answered by Auto Attendant menu then transfered to Hunt Group. It just continues to ring the group and never goes to vmail. (The overflow option in Flash 30 (Hunt Group) is inactive (buttons have no response) it seems to work on direct CO calls but not AA transferred calls.
PS: Software Version is 20050 and Prompts Version is 10000

[This message has been edited by light (edited January 29, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

i've crossed the same issue before and the hunt group forwarding doesn't work with the STS. My suggestion would be send the calls to an analog port and put a call coverage button on all of those phones and then forward your analog port to voicemail and put that mailbox button on their phones. If you need any help post here or send me an email. let us know how you make out

Light,
I don't think you can overflow a hunt group to a phantom mailbox on the STS....the XTS is different in that respect.
You can take one of the on-board analog ports and send the calls to it from AA then program a ringing cover button for the analog port on the three phones that you want to get the call. If there is no answer the call will end up in the voicemail box for the analog port which you can have a button on all three phones for easy notification and message retreival.
Your other option is to send the call to a regular hunt group and the call will end up in the mailbox of the first member of the group if unanswered.
Hope this helps.

Timbo

sorry for posting basically the same info as oobie...that post didn't show up on my screen until after I posted....

light Offline OP
OP Offline
Timbo = "....Your other option is to send the call to a regular hunt group and the call will end up in the mailbox of the first member of the group if unanswered"

I couldn't get the above to work either. I have calls routed to hunt group and the three phones will ring for ever. If I have the phones forwarded to the vm they wont ring at all.

yeah if you set the timer short enough at the station setting for the first member of the hunt group it will follow that stations forwarding, which doesn't always work. i think your best bet is to use an analog port but thats just my opinion.

They need to enable some virtual ports on the STS for stuff like that.

I have this working at several locations here in town. I found out the hard way that there is a bug in the software. I think the version is 1.01 po2. You can call vodavi at 18884222305 option 2 then option 3 and they should send you out some new software

iron, i found out the same way you did i had a system in stock that was going to be sold and i had to demo one to a customer which we were going to be using the huntgroup forwarding which was in the specific software build and then the customer was sold got a new system different software build wouldn't work and vodavi said they wouldn't be fixing it becuase XTS dealers were apparently ticked about it. i had half a notion to go get the software out of the system that i demoed and put it in but i found a work around. let me know what software build the fix is in the vodavi will give out.

light Offline OP
OP Offline
OK Guys! the key is in upgrade. The advertised feature would work fine once you upgrade your Eproms to the current version (v1.03) on the main KSU. There are two chips available from Tech. Support with pretty simple installation. While you are at it, you can also upgrade your voice mail if you have one in the system. Once I did KSU upgrade, it was smooth sailing all the way. I appreciate all your inputs.
Thanks

[This message has been edited by light (edited February 07, 2005).]

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Professor Shadow, ronaldjamesh, justbill), 67 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024