Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#210040 05/19/06 03:01 AM
dragan Offline OP
OP Offline
I am opening a new office and on a very tight budget. I am trying to install a 616.

Here is what I have. 6 voice lines and 8 fax lines. I have the 25 pair cable wired into the telco box I have the 616 box mounted on a backboard. The system came with what looks like a parallel connector that goes into JP1 with a 66 block attached.

What I understand is that the pairs in the 25 pair cable have to have a rj11 to put in the CO1 and so forth. What I can't quite get ny hands around is how to wire the 66 block to go to the phones them selves. It looks like it takes 2 pair to each phone. Am I on the right track?

Any installers in the Champaign IL area?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Dragan,

For you to get information, you need to tell the board what model you have for your control panel? What model of telephones ? welcome

-TJ-
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Dragan:
What you really need is a StarPlus 616 manual --there are two kinds of 616s--the regular version & the FLEX version. Both install the same way--the FLEX has some extra features though. J1 is the first set of stations--1 to 8 (2pair to each station) and J2 is the second set of stations 9 to 16. On the other side of the KSU are the C.O line ports.

I would get a manual. See the MANUALS link on this site. It will make your install & programming much more enjoyable. It also helps if you have a display phone on the programming port. Good Luck.

dragan Offline OP
OP Offline
I finally got the manual and it has helped alot. Do all the features it tals about are they included? The one i am having trouble with is music on hold. I can't seem to be to find where the music gets input.

Is there a difference in the 616ex and the 616 Flex?

Does the 616 Flex use analog phones?

Thanks

All features are included.

MOH is on J1 pins 42/17.

Difference mainly is the 16 keys on the Enhanced & Display models of phones. The keys on the Flex system are flexible keys & can be programmed to do different things---the keys on the 616ex cannot be programmed for anything else than what they are--Direct Station Select.

The 616ex & Flex need to have an SLA (Single Line Adapter) to support single-line analog phones.

dragan Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your very helpful answers.

I am off to finish the wiring and am hoping to be able to call someone in about ?? hour/s ;-)

dragan Offline OP
OP Offline
Hope you can help. I wired the 66 block out of the 616 flex.

Plugged in the system. I can se ared light come on inside the box. Hooked up a starplus digital executive display phone model 1418-08.

Nothing

I took my butt set up to the 66 block and all I could get is what a would call a semi fast clicking.

I have taken extreme care in making sure the wires are all matching color code. The one place I am a little unsure about is the rj11 into the co. What mean was I wasn't sure from the pictures I have seen is tip and ring with the tab lock up or down?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
You'll need the 61610, 61612 or 61614 sets to work with that system.

Good luck!

That 1418 goes with a Vodavi Starplus Digital system not the 616ex or Flex. Won't work. What NFC said.
Read the manual. Most all the answers are in there.
Good luck.

JDK Offline
I just found out with a 616 FLEX. After much trouble that the DATA leads had to be recersed. The DT and DR. It shows them streignt in the manual.I frist changed the 25 pair amp cable, still on help. got a new 66 BLK. still the same. The trouble was port 01 was station 11 and port 02 was station 10 and so on port and station reversed and I could not get CO dial tone. So the manual is screwed up or this KSU was wired wrong. After reversing the data pairs T & R worked fine. I even talked to other techs and they have never had this trouble, they don't think, it had been a while since they had worked on a FLEX system. I was even about to buy another PROGRAM MODULE. Anyway it is not much fun running into things like this. JDK

JDK
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,774
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,469 Shoretel
188,336 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (Carl Navarro, hbiss, pvj, justbill), 152 guests, and 187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024