web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#210354 07/11/06 03:45 AM
John L Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an existing Vodavi phone system. It was installed years ago. We had a power outtage here for over 48 hours and when the power came back on, best I can recall, the phones were all dead. The key unit was plugged into surge protection. The system fuses were not blown and it was getting power.

I couldn't get anyone out at the time and my quick answer was to just get expandable wireless phones. This worked great for a while now but now they are all failing.

I would like for someone to look at the Vodavi system and tell me if maybe it just needs reprogrammed to work, or if there is really something wrong. I will take care of any hardwiring that needs to be done or redone here. I suppose I am looking for someone close enough I can bring the phones and ksu to and have a look, pre-program it to work, and hand to me for re-install. I am located in central-southern Pa. and work in Wash DC area all the time, so anyone familiar with Vodavi along the way from Greencastle, Pa. to downtown DC?

[email protected]

John
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#210355 07/11/06 03:55 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
John:

It is likely that the memory retention battery failed and caused the programming to be defaulted after the outage. This was a common problem with the DHS system. Since you are not currently using the system, you might want to consider sending the unit to Vodavi's repair provider in Connecticut to have it updated. They won't be able to program it for you, but if you at least get the unit repaired, we can probably guide you through setting it up. Let me know if you are interested in this approach and I can get the name and address for the repair center for you.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#210356 08/03/06 01:58 PM
John,
Were the phones dead or just not programed? Did you turn off the switch on the motherboard for 30 sec. while the power was off and switch it back on before you power up the k.s.u.? Anytime you have a power loss long enough to drain the onboard battery (actually, it's a high capacity capacitor) or just a little glitch in the system you must default the system.
If you have any futher questions about Vodavi analog, digital (first series) and DHS, feel free to email me. I sold and serviced Vodavi systems exclusively for 14 years.

Bob

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024