Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MacOSX Offline OP
Moderator-Toshiba
OP Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
Yeah I know it sounds like an answering machine, from that wonderful description!
smile

BUT

Here is the scenario :

Customer has line that monitors boilers and when that line dials out to the security desk they would like it play a recorded message saying "this is the boiler alarm at 555 Main Street in the Apple Tower" (or something to that effect). That way, when said security desk answers the call, they know exactly where to send the service/maintenance crew(s).

----

Here are copy and pastes of the e-mails we have echanged on the subject so far :

I wrote :

I think I may have finally found what you need for the recorded audio dialer application.

Click on the following link : https://www.sandman.com/record.html and scroll about 1/3 of the way down the page. You will see an item with the title "PHONE LINE AUDIO COUPLER with OFF-HOOK SWITCH", which is what I believe you need. Read through the description and see if it sounds like what you're looking for. If it's not, look around on the page some more, as it seems to be very resourceful for your application.
He replied :

Tony,

Thanks for sending the link.

I looked at this and don't think it will work because I need a device that has the capability of storing a recorded message and playing it when a person answers the phone that is dialed.

I am interested in having a modem dial out on a phone line when there is a problem with the boilers at the Bicentennial Building. The modem already exists and is part of the Trane building control system at Bicentennial. The modem can be programmed to call the Security Desk at 21 E. State St.

When the Security Guard answers the phone, I would like a message to play, stating that there is a problem with the boilers and that the guard should call the building maintenance technicians.

I don't know how to accomplish this, but don't think the audio coupler with off-hook switch would be the device that is needed, because it can't store a recorded message.

It might work if coupled with a device which would have the recorded message, but I'm not sure.

Again, thanks for spending your time looking at this. If you can find something that will work, I will have you install it.
----

ANY ideas at all will be appreciated!

I have Googled and looked through Sandman's site, but to no avail. I have found plenty of multi-line auto dialer applications, but nothing reasonable or logical for a single line install.

I am sure there is some product out there, that has been hiding behind the next corner... but I've been unable to locate it as of yet.

Thanks again, as always guys n gals!

~ Tony

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
You can use the guts of an elevator phone that plays location info, record the location info message with the alarm info. Replace the push button with the contact closure of the alarm.

It calls the alarm company then plays the message. Repeat the message a few times in the recording just to make sure the hear it. You can even record the instruction on what to press to end the call. Here is one that may work.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I would check viking , if they don't have anything give them a call and see what they suggest looks like this might work

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
TDS Offline

MacOSX Offline OP
Moderator-Toshiba
OP Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
Wow, you guys are really on it today!

I think the EV-1 that TDS posted is the solution. I have e-mailed my customer back with the specs of it and the link. Skip, if the EV-1 doesn't fit the need, then the K-2000-DVA will definately work. Ttech, I've never seen the K-Phone product, that looks slick! I might suggest one of those on our next elevator phone.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the quick response!

~ Tony

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Try www.sensaphone.com
We have a few foundry customers and if the furnace's get to a certain temp. the sensaphone will call the maintenance department and tell them which boiler it is. Depending on the model there are different contact closures and a voice (your voice) recorded message for each closure.
You program the # to be dialed. Works nice.

I used a 2 Channel Voice Dialer from www.smarthome.com. It will look for a NO or NC setting and then call with a recorded message. I haven't been back on i5 years.n it in

The EV-1 won't work. It needs someone to go off-hook to initiate the dialing/recording.

You probably are getting a contact closure from the Boiler Mfg when there is an issue.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Yes, but if it is connected in parallel on the same line, then the modem going off-hook will emulate the required off-hook condition. The modem can also do the dialing while the EV-1 just begins playing the recorded message until the modem drops the line.

Also, let's not forget that some modems still have A lead settings that will provide an off-hook contact closure to activate external devices.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
you can also try USP

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,331 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (milt rock), 135 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024