web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jboyett Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm trying to get the system to ring over the PA at night when a certain station is called. I have it set-up so that one of my CO lines rings direct to the station out in the warehouse at night, but I can't seem to get the external ringing to work. I have the UNA enabled on the CO line and External Night Ringing is enabled. The station rings but nothing over the PA. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you want the station to ring over page speaker
when receivng a intercom call ?

Or do you want the extension in warehouse when ring at night, to also send ring to page speaker?
on outside lines ?

Not sure what you question is. :scratch:

-TJ-
jboyett Offline OP
OP Offline
Our old system in night mode would ring over the page speakers in the warehouse when the station was dialed. I would like to duplicate that on our STSe system. I have a station out in the warehouse and the operator can page people in the daytime when they have a call but at night we only have people in the warehouse, not in the office. I have it set-up so that one of my CO lines rings direct to the station out in the warehouse at night but unless someone is standing right next to the phone they can't hear it. Can this be done on the STSe system?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Doesn't the UNA just close the relay? It doesn't actually put a tone over the page port, does it?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
UNA sends a ring tone over the first external paging output port, but I don't know of any way to make it track the ringing of one specific station. A relay contact can be set to track a station's ringing that's programmed to receive night ringing, but that contact would have to activate an external signaling device.

If the lines are set to ring UNA, they can still ring stations. The problem is that UNA's ringing signal is only sent to an external paging system.

Do you have an external paging system that's connected to page port #1? Also, is the system set to go into night service automatically (or manually)? UDA does the same thing, but only in the day mode if you aren't using any form of night service.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
jboyett Offline OP
OP Offline
We have an external paging system that is accessed by dialing 761. I'm not sure if thats page port #1. The system is set to go into night service automatically. There is only one CO line that is set for UNA and it's not on our roll-over so someone would have to dial that line directly to get to the warehouse station.

OK, Now you have made yourself clear, and i understand your question, even thought you are not stating it, i will read between the lines.

It has nothing to do with station ring but co ring assignment in night mode, ok.

Yes, it will ring the page speaker in night mode if that station in the warehouse is programmed to ring on night mode on the give line you are referring to.

I have used it before and it does work.
Try putting station 100 in night mode by DND button, not automatic mode first, then work on automatic switching if you like.

Your description of what you want is not very clear.

If you done all the associated programming proper
yes, page speaker will follow ring in night mode

-TJ-

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 114 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024