Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#211962 09/02/07 07:00 AM
OP Offline
Hello,

I have been looking at a STSe (I believe, rather than STS, but I could be wrong) system that was set up years ago and the company that did it originally has been long gone.

At the moment, station voicemail is not used, but the post-4-ring auto attendant message needed to be changed. I followed the instructions to change the greeting by dialing 440 to get into voicemail, hitting *, #, then entering mailbox number #00, but the default password of XXXX did not work, nor did anything else that I could possibly think of (1234, 0000, etc). Since none of the information within the flash was needed, I thought it best to possibly do a voicemail reset. This may have been where I went wrong, hence why I came here. I did a Voicemail Group Reset by hitting flash 80, flex 12.

The first part of what I wanted to accomplish, removing the old greeting, was successful, but only because the voicemail system doesn't seem to work at all right now (dialing 440 just kinda sits there). Do I need to press an actual reset button on the phone unit? Did I F' everything up by doing a VM Group Reset?

I do appreciate any and all responses. I just want to be able to record a new greeting as station voicemail isn't a requirement at the moment.

Thanks!

Ray Gibson
Miracle Geeks, Inc.

Password X'd Out. See Below

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes, you did screw it up.
You preformed the wrong program changes.

Oh, we don't allow passwords, or tech level programming on this site.

Mr Gibson, sounds like you need a miracle.

-TJ-
Welcome to the board Ray. I deleted the password per board policy, but don't worry. Any of our Vodavi Techs will know what you mean by "default password." I'm sorry I can't offer you much help as I'm not a Vodavi guy, but maybe one of our Vodavi mods will be by shortly to offer some insight.

welcome

OP Offline
Hi STSe,

Thank you for your very thoughtful reply. As the password I posted is printed in the manual and the quickstart guide for this system, I felt it within the bounds of posting guidelines on this forum.

I'm not looking for a 'miracle' but for some basic ideas, pointers, and at least a helpful and positive attitude.

What I did was not really much different than what an overly-curious business owner might do, and at the very least I thought I might get a reply suggesting somewhere to go for more professional help.

Thanks again,

Ray

NP Ray. I thought that may have been the case on the password, but wasn't sure since I'm an Inter-Tel guy. My bad. :bang:

Things are a little slow here on weekends, but maybe by the first of the week you'll get some insight. wink

OP Offline
Thanks MacGyver! I'm a big fan and have all your DVDs.

you will need to put all the vm extensions back in the 440 group. If you want to initial the flash vm you will need to log into it via Hyperterm and choose the option to initialize. Although if you are using the default password to get in to re-record the greetings I don't believe that is changable so you should be able to get it.

OP Offline
Hi oobie,

I'm planning on soldering the right cable later tonight. I'll use the manual as my guide for doing what you say, with putting the vm extensions in the right group, etc, and hopefully initializing the flash vm.

*sigh* if only my laptop had a serial port!

you need a USB to serial adapter they work pretty well.

and just so you know that when you initialize the vm you will loose everything but your greetings, you loose the config, the mailbox recordings, names, ext.'s that may have been added, so if i were you when you get in to the vm with the laptop i would write down most of your config so you know what to put back in unless there is not really much in there.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,349 Shoretel
188,998 CTX100 install
187,390 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 119 guests, and 406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024