Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
bobley Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there some sort of one way line splitter? I know I can get a manual A/B switch or some more complex fax switches.

I want to have faxes come in on line 1 and go out on line 2.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is there any phone system? Easy enough to do that there. I would have to look but I think I have used line sharing devices that could be programmed that way.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
As Hal stated "... phone system? Easy enough to do that there"
aok

Or...

Have you thought about doing incoming fax to a computer and using the physical fax machine for outgoing only on the second line?

Incoming fax could become PDF (or any preferred format). That way, you could distribute them via e-mail and save on printing, by printing only the pages needed. Then anything that had to be faxed outbound could be done on the single line fax connected to your second line.

Just a thought
wink

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
That's what I do Tony. It also is an easy way to filter & delete spam faxes without wasting paper & ink.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by MooreTel:
That's what I do Tony. It also is an easy way to filter & delete spam faxes without wasting paper & ink.
Thanks Dave!
:toast:
Now I need you to call my boss, who doesn't want me to take the time to set that up at the office... but still complains about all the spam-faxes and cover pages we get and usually throws them away! He's really old-school in the "what technology can do for you" department, but we love him anyway!
smile

----

bobley, there is always something like this too -> Sharp UX-CD600 2-Line Fax Communication Center with Corded and Cordless Phones and Answering Machine , if you're only running a two-line setup.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
bobley Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by MacOSX:
As Hal stated "... phone system? Easy enough to do that there"
aok

Or...

Have you thought about doing incoming fax to a computer and using the physical fax machine for outgoing only on the second line?

Incoming fax could become PDF (or any preferred format). That way, you could distribute them via e-mail and save on printing, by printing only the pages needed. Then anything that had to be faxed outbound could be done on the single line fax connected to your second line.

Just a thought
wink
I've thought of using the computer, but some of the users do not want that because they are not computer savvy. There are almost no spam faxes coming in.

I'm not sure what you mean by "phone system." This is for residential use.

If you have no phone system like a key system that handles multiple lines with several extensions you are basically going to have to implement one with a line sharing device. Depending on what other uses you have for those lines I would look at something like the 4000P from https://www.lineshare.com/

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by bobley:
[b] As Hal stated "... phone system? Easy enough to do that there"
aok

Or...

Just a thought
wink
I've thought of using the computer, but some of the users do not want that because they are not computer savvy. There are almost no spam faxes coming in.

I'm not sure what you mean by "phone system." This is for residential use. [/b]
Are the installing phone tech, or are you the home owner (just to get an idea of what user-level you are at)? Also, what is currently installed for dial-tone in the residential setting (i.e. - one line with call waiting, two dedicated lines, etc.)?

That will determine what product(s) you need.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
...I've thought of using the computer, but some of the users do not want that because they are not computer savvy. There are almost no spam faxes coming in...[/QB]
You don't need to be too savvy for a PC based fax.

I use Mighty Fax and when I get one a Popup comes onto the screen, telling me so. I imagine most, if not all have some kind of notification.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
bobley Offline OP
OP Offline
[b]
[b] As Hal stated "... phone system? Easy enough to do that there"
aok

Or...

Just a thought
wink

I'm not sure what you mean by "phone system." This is for residential use. [/b]
Are the installing phone tech, or are you the home owner (just to get an idea of what user-level you are at)? Also, what is currently installed for dial-tone in the residential setting (i.e. - one line with call waiting, two dedicated lines, etc.)?

That will determine what product(s) you need. [/b]
I'm helping out a friend. I'm not a tech. The house has two lines coming to a single jack with a L1+L2/L1/L2 splitter.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,010 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (James D., Toner), 202 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024