Admin
Admin
Yep. frown

[Linked Image]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#212928 04/11/08 02:51 AM
OP Offline
Aha got my connection problem fixed of course it was user error. I was going with serial and one of the settings I didn't see in the manual for connecting so I guessed and was wrong.

I have not had a chance to play with the programming much but do like the interface, of course when I did my vodavi training years ago they didn't even teach us flash it was all windba. I can see there will be a learning curve on this but one thing I don't like is the tone you get when programming from the station the confirmation tone and the error tone. Seems they could have toned that down a little bit.

#212929 04/17/08 05:26 AM
Reply to billyho's question regarding the message waiting lights:

After you listen to a message, if you hang up the callback light will continue to blink - message saved as new. If after listening to a message you press next, it will save the message (as an old message) and play the next one - the light will go out when you have no more new messages. The key is to press next after listening to the message.

It would have been a lot more intuitive if they had labelled it save instead of next.

#212930 04/17/08 07:03 AM
New Question

If an extension is busy and you dial it from the vm greeting, it plays an announcement that says "that extension is busy & to try another extension." I should note this is the experience in night mode (with DISA on). In day mode (phone calls delay ring to vm - DISA off), when you dial a busy extension you hear a busy signal and are disconnected.

I should note that Auto Fwd VMIB is on. When the phone rings and is not busy, the call will go to their mailbox.

Using the forward button on the phone, I can get a workaround. But then the light blinks on the phone and you lose the ability to put the phone in handsfree mode.

Any suggestions?

#212931 04/29/08 10:25 AM
I've installed 2 so far and they seemed to go in fairly well. Single pair to a digital set is great, much better then 2 pair like with a Avaya Partner or Panasonic.

Tech support isn't up to speed on the system yet but one tech sent me all the cheat sheets etc, which was great.

I wish 2 way recording was turned on by default and the flash time seems to be off a bit with the default setup.

If there was a simple way to change COS (local, LD, internal) it would work well for a small hotel/motel system.

#212932 05/07/08 03:35 AM
We've had a system in our office for the last couple of days and for the life of me, we can't get the IP phone to see the MFIM. I can ping all the devices fine, but the phone never sees the MFIM. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

#212933 05/17/08 05:58 AM
I got the system working on the local network fairly easily. The tough part was getting a remote connection.

The system needs a one to one NAT router, not port forwarding, or putting it in the DMZ. It actually needs an extra IP address from the service provider in order to work. Most cheap routers can't grab two IP's so I had to improvise.

The Cable company here doesn't do static IP's unless you pay for it and I needed a connection in a hurry so I changed the MAC address on the customers router to the same MAC address as the VOIB card and got a DHCP address from the cable company.

Then I put a cheap switch in front of the customers router, and plugged the VOIB card into one port, the router in another, and the feed from the cable modem in another.

I changed the router back to its regular MAC so it got another IP address, and then programmed 340/341 to the IP address, gateway, subnet, and DNS info I had gotten by using the VOIB's MAC address.

Then I was able to get a Nomad soft phone working from anywhere by going into the setup section and putting in the public IP address of the VOIB card and setting the Network adapter section to "Windows Default Adapter". I couldn't make it work externally until I changed the network adapter setting.

I had some echo problems but I turned on H245 tunneling and that seemed to help.

I would have liked it if the system used IP port forwarding like most systems instead of having to have a second IP address but it does work.

The strangest thing with the Nomad soft phone is there doesn't seem to be a way of deleting messages after listening to them. There's no delete key and pressing 3 doesn't work.

Anybody have any suggestions?

#212934 07/09/08 09:33 AM
HI all... I have run into some documentation flaws for the sbx ip320 mostly on the voicemail setup. it doesnt really give you anything on how to set passwords for mail boxes or default settings or even how admin boxes. i have checked all of the booklets and searched the ccc site for any other additional information on this. my main beef is when you set up password access for the vm it doesnt tell you the default passwords. can anyone direct me to a alternative source for feature programing?

#212935 10/13/08 08:18 AM
Has anyone installed the new voicemail upgrade (8 port) to the SBX 320 yet? If so will I lose greetings and current messages? Or does that save elsewhere? Thanks in advance for any help...

#212936 10/13/08 08:47 AM
And ez Phone??

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
jsaad 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 134 guests, and 352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024