Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
TCE, move one LCOB to cabinet #2 and two SLIB cards to #3. Move the VM card to the slot right after the DTIB24 cards and leave an empty slot between the VM and the remaining LCOB cards. This will maintain station and CO numbering and get the VM card away from cards that "might" cause interference.

It's worth a try.

Derrick, if I have a 2nd cabinet I never run SLIB cards in the first if I have an inskin, especially the flash VM. I have had issues running the VM in any cabinet other than the 1st cabinet regardless of what the configurator says.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I have only one 2 cab system with an HD inskin. It is also in the first cabinet along with a PRI card and two 24 port Lan cards. The LCOBS are in cabinet 2. According to a techie friend of mine at Vodavi...its the CID modules or a pri card that can cause so much trouble with the high speed bus that they share with the VM with no empty slot between them. Basically the voicemail can do a spontaneous reboot (in the middle of the night an xp thing that can be disabled) which can cause the system to forget the card is there along with the LCOB and or PRI cards. I know this to be true because it happened to one of my customers. However 2.23 was supposed to fix this problem and they had 2.10 The system in question here has 2.23 so I still believe it is a power problem. If the cards can be arranged to maintain station numbering and fix this that is all the better.

I am still not clear about the PC connected to the system. Are you running call accounting? Is it there for Admin? There was a problem with the Dispatch VM that if a PC was left connected to the serial port and the PC was shut down or if it locked up...it would take down the Dispatch. I wonder if something close to that is going on here...just a thought.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I swapped the MPB2 on Friday. The new MPB2 had 3.0 on it and took the uploaded compiled database. We connected the PC and it did not lock up. The PC is used for call accounting and is running Trivium.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Thank you for the update. I wonder if the old MPB2 has a fault? I wasn't aware of any issues with 2.23 and the inskin VM but I learn something new every day.

OP Offline
We speculate that the old MPB2 has a fault. We will have to wait at least 2 weeks to know if it solved the VM problem.

OP Offline
After weeks without a problem, the voicemail failed today. When users tried to access voicemail they got ringing with no answer intermitantly. System needed to be rebooted. Any ideas?

I had this identical problem with a hdd on an STSe and it turned out that I had to send it off to have the drivers reinstalled. I ran a daily log and at the times it would stop working it was having device port issues on all channels. I sent the report to Vodavi and they said the drivers needed to be reinstalled. I sent it to Aztec and it has been running flawlessly now for 3 months. I know it is an XTS hdd, but it could be the same thing. Run a daily log report and see if it looks like what I said. They had me turn off daily maintenance, upgrade the software, and everything else before I sent them the report. That is what finally fixed the problem.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Bada Bump

Any new information, or have you sent this in for repair?

When the system stops answering, have you plugged in a monitor to see if there are any errors on the screen? These are Windows machines and are effected by Windows errors. The VM software is not perfect either and can give errors as well.

Adteldon - Why did Vertical support not have you reload them yourself?

Always be nice to everyone. You never know when you will encounter them again! (Perpetual Lurker)
OP Offline
Problem happened twice in July and Vodavi said it must be a corruption in the XTS database. On Friday re-intialized the programming in the XTS and rebuilt it. The VM went down again today.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Is there an active network (ethernet) connection to the Pathfinder?

What is the software version of the Pathfinder?

When the Pathfinder goes down, have you noticed if it is possible to access some of the ports on the voice-mail by dialing their extension number? In other words, does every port go down, or just the first port?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024