web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AndyS Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Everyone, I'm new here, and pretty new to telecom stuff too.

Anyway, I have a Vodavi Digital Talk Path voicemail system in the radio station that I am the new engineer for.

Right now, when you call our numbers, the voicemail box beeps as it rings... (this appears to be normal to me) then, after 5 or so rings, there is no dial tone, no nothing. (I assume this is when the voicemail picks up) . There is supposed to be "Hi, you've reached WSAM radio, etc, press 1 for whatever, etc."

I was able to go in with the VM admin software and see all the menus, and everything looks good to me, but I'm not a telecom guy, but I am willing to learn.

I am able to check my voicemail from the handset just fine, as well as change my greeting. But no one can get to my voicemail anyway.

There seems to be some smart people here, and I could really use the help, and I look forward to your responses.

Thank you very much,
Andy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Go into admin and check the line config. See what the action is. They should be set for either a time control or to run a menu. If set for TC you need to check the TC and see what action it takes. It should be set for menu. If you are not going to play different auto greetings at different times of the day..then set the lines to play a menu such as 100. Then look at 100 and make sure that you have a record prompts key..usually key 8 and set a menu password. Then you would simply call a voice mail ext (not to a mailbox) and hit 8 enter password and follow the prompts to make a new greeting.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
AndyS Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Derrick, I will look at this tonight. I know there is a time control set up, I am thinking I will disable it so that everything is the same at all hours since I see no need for there to be a time control anyway.

One thing I forgot to add before, when the voicemail picks up the line, it seems to lock up the system, the admin software stops responding, and then after power cycling the system it comes back up.

AndyS Offline OP
OP Offline
That didn't work, After it picks up I must power cycle to be able to gain control with VM admin

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
What is the voice mail serial number? Certain ones had a bios problem that caused all kinds of mischief.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

AndyS Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll get that for you this afternoon, I assume I would find it on the case of the unit?

Thanks,
Andy

AndyS Offline OP
OP Offline
It says...Rev 1.2 DOY4E0404

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
That is what I figured. You have one of the units with a bios problem that will lead to what looks like a complete harddrive failure. You will need to get it repaired. The Doy series was not good. I had 9 out of 9 fail within a year of installing them. I am surprised yours is still going at all, but the having to reboot, can't keep admin online are syptomatic of this problem.
Vertical tech support can verify by serial number that this is the case.

www.myrandomviews

AndyS Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Derrick, I had a feeling it wasnt related to the settings.

I did talk to Vodavi tech support. They were mostly unhelpful since I'm not an official technician with a tech ID#. However, he did reccomend going into Ecom and typing "reginit 4" and then hit enter during the hello prompts. I figure it's worth a shot, but I'm not too optimistic. I will try this probably tomorrow.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If reinitializing it doesn't work..you will a dealer to help you get this resolved I'm afraid.

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 163 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024