web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sadly Mooretel, welfare isn't the problem. Workfare has already been tried and it's failing. The jobs you get pushed into are junk wages (not enough to live on).

I have worked a lot of jobs, and being in the office is torture to me (sign me up for pulling cable any day!) But hey, take an unemployed computer tech, give them a shovel, and tell them that you'll pay them a living wage to dig ditches. You should see some results...especially here in Michigan!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by JordonJ:
Sadly Mooretel, welfare isn't the problem. Workfare has already been tried and it's failing. The jobs you get pushed into are junk wages (not enough to live on)...
Exactly. You don't like it, get off your ar$e and really work somewhere.

Why should the government be paying you to sit at home drinking beer and watching tv or playing on the computer?

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
KLD Offline
Now, this hijack sounds like a good NEW thread in the Phone Booth.

Anyone want to start the NEW thread?

Ken
---------
Hal, I just looked at my Casio G'zOne TYPE-V... it's made in China. The battery is says "cell from China/ manufactured in Japan". This was not a cheap phone by any means. mad

The question is more important than the answer.
Just try to buy something that is not made in China. There are a few things, but really, next time you go shopping for anything, see if you can get one not made in China...
I dont fully understand the chicken/egg process of our economy but I do get the general cause and effect idea. Take jeans just as an example. There used to be several jeans companies - American jeans companies that made the comfortable pants in the USA and Canada. Ofcorse workers that worked there enjoyed making good wages (some of them union wages), and expected increases, we all want them. Cost of living goes up, plus saving for childrens college, we want new cars et al.
So that drives the per-unit cost of the jeans up a few cents every year.
But we dont want to buy our jeans for 80$/pair - the cost of North American (meaning canadian/usa) hands making them ourselves. The company needs to continue making jeans (we want to buy them)- but cheaper - and the owners of the company still want to make a good profit - their stock portfolio demands it.
So the company shifts the manufacture of the jeans to Mexico or Asia where the workers make 1 cent per pair.
I know its more complicated than this, but ultimately I think we have created this ourselves, just trying to stay alive and create a better life for ourselves (not to mention the pressure from share holders who demand and expect 20% returns on investment). Oversimplifying? Damn right, because I dont understand the bigger picture - of which there are so many different facets all interwoven to help things continue down this path.

This post started as a simple dare - try to buy something not made in China. Gads i get sidetracked easy.

~ Marty

Sometimes there ARE ghosts in the machine. I use MSN Live, ask me for the addy if you want.

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

http://www.vernontelecom.com
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I just finished filling out the JD Power survey I got about my new car.

One of the questions was something like:

"Did you specifically look for a car made in the USA?"

The answer was Yes. I did look at Toyotas (Prius, Camry) and Honda (Accord) as well as Ford (Taurus).

I thought my Chevy Malibu was a better car and the fact that it was made in America (Dearborne, Michigan) was the clincher.

DOn't get me wrong, I thought the Camry was a very nice car. I thought it and the Malibu were almost identical. I liked the interior and the ride better on the Malibu but not that much more then the Camry. Price was about the same.

How many more Americans got to work because I bought an American car? I'm sure not very many, but cars are one of the few things still made here and it's a place we can start.

And, at least mine, is a real nice car.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
KLD Offline
:thumb: Sam, ever little bit helps...... laugh

Ken
---------
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
By the way, per KLD's suggestion, there is a new topic in "Phone Booth" called 'Make the U.S. Independent' or something like that. Heck, I only started it, I didn't even come up with the final name. Go there and read through it. Think about it. What the guys inside the beltway are doing is NOT going to make any significant difference. Not until the 1 TRILLION is up to 50 TRILLION. And talk about leaving a 'legacy' for our grandchildren! smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,182 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024