Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
crxtion Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm using the Vodavi Starplus STS part number 3515-71 and can't find or no longer have the manual for it. I'm using a GN Netcom headset part number 01-0247 and simply want to prog the phone so that I don't have to pick up the receiver when I pick up the phone or dial out. I wasn't sure if I could prog a soft button or is this an older model with no way of taking care of this. Any help would be great or if someone has the manual they can email me or something I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

To activate headset mode dial feature code 634 to deactivate dial 634 again. If you have user programmable buttons you can just program that into the button. If not it requires access to system programming to program the button.

Flexible button programming is on page 49 of the users manual. Hope that helps

Retired phone dude
crxtion Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried the 634 sequence and the on/off light came on but at that point i'm confused on what to do. if i hit a line it goes to speaker phone and when i hang it up the light goes off. am I a moron or missing something... both are entirely possible.

crxtion Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for the speedy reply by the way

There is a 2mm headset jack on the left side of the phone. Just plug your headset into it. In headset mode the headset works instead of the speaker when pushing a line, intercom or the on/off.

Retired phone dude
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You have to program the 2mm headset jack for it to work. It is NOT activated by default. You also have to set the speakerphone option in programming for disable, otherwise you cannot program a headset button. When you have programmed the button correctly, it stays lite until you turn it off and when on a call the speakerphone does not work at all.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Derrick is correct. One minor detail I left out. Sorry, that has to be done through system programming. Thanks Derrick. There is a manuals link at the top of the page, there is also an installers link to see if there is someone in your area.

Retired phone dude
crxtion Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah... one problem then, this headset plugs into the receiver jack on the underside of the phone. It was pretty expensive and I'd like to use it but its kind of a burn to have the receiver floating around my desk while I'm on the phone. Perhaps if I stuck a 2mm jack in that hole but still use the headset that plugs into the receiver jack that might fool the phone? I'm not sure...

No that wouldn't fool it. Like Derrick stated it's either the speaker or the 2mm jack. Didn't you get the handset lifter with what you have?

Retired phone dude
per their web site you want a Touch-N-Talk handset lifter.

I'd get a 2mm headset and use it the way it's designed.

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 136 guests, and 357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024