web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I installed a brand new STSe system in July. The past few days the end user has been experiencing an issue where when they now hit the loop button they get a fast busy signal and are unable to log into voice mail, etc. The system is configured with 19 phones and 6 CO lines. The first half of the phones use the first half of the phones use the first 3 CO lines for dialing out, the second half use the other 3 lines. It is a school setup with a high school and elementary side. After the system is power cycled things work fine. Any ideas on what I could look for or try?

TekLink Solutions
Havre, Montana 59501
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Umm....I am not sure I understand your post. One wouldn't press a loop button to access voice mail. You would press a vm button or dial 440. A loop key is used to access a trunk or line that doesn't physically appear on a telephone. You may have meant a "pool" button. It sounds like you may need to do some onsite troubleshooting 101. If everything works sometimes and not others and rebooting fixes the problem then it sounds like a fault in your database programming. I have experienced this when uploading using WinDba on occasion. Since the system is small your best bet would probably initialize and hand peck it back in. More info is needed though to be honest.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
OP Offline
They press the loop button to access outside lines on the phones since they do not have a direct apperance. When they press the VM button its gives them the same tone. I programmed the system manually, and has worked fine since July up until a few days ago when this issue arised. As I said before, simply power cycling the system will fix the problem, until it happens again. It seems to only be happening on the 1st group of CO lines and not the second. High school side access line group 1 elementary side access group 2 and they are not expeirencing those issues.

TekLink Solutions
Havre, Montana 59501
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Loop keys are for line appreances only. To dial out you have to hit a line key or press pool or dial a trunk group access code. You cannot dial out on a loop button.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
I think its your programming. If you say its only happening on one group then that would mean its not the ksu or the lcob cause they both support 4 co lines and you say each group has three. If you were to say all of one group and one co of the other then maybe hardware problem. I would reinitialize everything like adteldon said. Something isnt jiving and messing your system up.

OP Offline
Sorry I did mean pool button. Also since the initial install, people calling in complain they cannot hear the person answering the phone and the person answering the phone complains they cannot hear the person calling. I did expierence it when I called and the volume is really low. Is there somewhere in programming where this can be fixed?

TekLink Solutions
Havre, Montana 59501
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Make sure that the caller ID module on the backplane is seated correctly. The module has been known to cause strange co line problems when it isn't firmly in place.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024