web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have the Vodavi Starplus STS phone system mounted on the wall. While recently connecting the rs232 Cable to the card itself to login to inskins admin the card was loose in the slot and slipped out with the weight of the cable, which of course then lost power. i then immediately returned the card into the slot which then restarted the OS and returned the power to the card.

At first it looked as if everything was fine. I was able to connect via inskins using the RS232 cable and use the backup wizard to back up all three levels. this was done without any issues.

However i noticed that i am now unable to access voicemail from any extenstion or what i put the night attendant on it no longer pics up it just rings and rings

The Pathfinder does give me an error which says:
1 DUM interface module release 2.71 2004.07.15

"1 I!DUM Error: Time Request Returned Nothing"

Anytime i try to access or transfer anyone to Voicemail of course nothing happens it just rings and rings but the pathfinder log says automation error.

Does anyone know whats going on.. I need HELP!!

Thanks SO MUCH IN ADVANCED I WILL OWE YOU BIGTIME!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Have you reset (rebooted)the system?? That's the first thing I would do. Sounds as if the phone CPU and the VM are not talking to each other. Let's not assume the worst.

OP Offline
I have rebooted the system with no luck.. any suggestions?

Have you tried re-seating the card in the system?

If you direct dial an extension on the voicemail what happens? Just Rings?

If you plug a monitor into it, do you see the Viewport and Monitor window start up when the voicemail boots up? Are there any error messages that appear on the screen?

OP Offline
I had to leave the office but i will try re-seating the card tommorow morning..

If i direct dial an extension on the Voicemail it just rings and rings..

The only error i can see on the pathfinder screen that stands out is the last one which says "1 I!DUM Error: Time Request Returned Nothing"

and then automation error when i try to connect to VM ETC.

I can connect to the card using RS232 cable via INSKINS i can back up with no errors...

hmmmm?????

Any Suggestions?

Thanks so much!

The backup is just taking table data out of the pathfinder software. It sound like that data is fine and this error sounds more like something is not starting in the pathfinder boot-up, or something is missing. I rarely use the inskin admin software, so I am just working from memory, but I think there were a reinitialize somewhere in the menus? I can't remember if that defaults everything or just zeros the database.

OP Offline
I'll try some things tomorrow morning and comment on my results (if any). Hope to talk to you more tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help!

"1 I!DUM Error: Time Request Returned Nothing"

Make sure the voice mail and telephone system times are the same or are very close. I remember the first set of inskin hard drives had this problem.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The inskin is not seeing the ports. Hopefully you can fix that by reseating the card but do not do it with the power applied to the system. There is a big red warning attached to the box that says if you disconnect the inskin with power applied you could damage the hard drive.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
thanks for all your help guys!! I appreciate it! i found out that i put the card in the #6 slot and all cards must be seated in the #7 Slot.. Once i did this everything booted up fine.. Silly me!!

Thanks!! hope this topic helps someone in the future!!

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,135 Shoretel
188,990 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024