web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I'm a newbie to all of this, so excuse me if this is a really simple question. I spent some time poking around in the menus, but couldn't find anything that looked amiss!

Here's my problem:

The people who work on our phone system hadn't created a backup in about a year. We had a power outage yesterday, the CMOS battery on the phone PSU died, and so we lost everything. For the most part, loading the old backup set everything appropriately, but we have one extension - 102 - that forwards to the voicemail of 122 when it's unanswered.

I can't find any settings anywhere that look any different for 102 than for anywhere else. Where should I be looking?

In investigating, it looks like we have a similar issue where extension 103 is receiving the unanswered calls that come in on our main line.

Any hints or places to start me off reading would be very appreciated! I'm new to this, but more than willing to invest some time in reading to learn about it.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Look at the settings for no-answer forward in Flash 50, page C. Also verify Flash 50, Button 13 is programmed with the extension number.

OP Offline
I'm not sure I even know how to look at those settings. Are these done from the phone itself by pressing flash, then dialing 50?

Edit: Haha, no. That was probably a really stupid question. smile

OP Offline
Excellent, I found it!

Edit: All the no-answer forwarding say that they're forwarding to voicemail. It looks like button 13 is programmed with 1? Would that be correct?

This is in system programming. That setting should have the extension number. So, extension 122 should have "122" entered.

OP Offline
Originally posted by nfcphoneman:
This is in system programming. That setting should have the extension number. So, extension 122 should have "122" entered.
All of the extensions are programmed the same, with 1 as the entry. Is it possible I'm looking in the wrong place? I'm looking at station programming.

I went through everything in Flash 50, and looking through the grid, her settings are exactly the same as everyone else's.

It's Flash 50 Page "B" button 13 is the VMID digits

Scott
Originally posted by OldH2oSkier:
It's Flash 50 Page "B" button 13 is the VMID digits
Sorry about that. It is page B, not C.

OP Offline
Well, I ultimately had to call our very gracious phone support people since it was also involving fax lines, but I did learn that it was (probably) a setting in Flash 43, in case that helps anyone viewing this at another time. smile

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
DID routing?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
189,000 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024