Phone Systems

AtcomCloud Online Store
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a vodavi phone system that is mixed with 12 and 24 button phones. my issue is that two of the 12 button phone when you try to dial it rings like a busy signal on my phone.

i saw in the manual it said for off-hook voice over the station receiving the ohvo must be off-hook and in the 'h' mode. well the phone is set to 'h' and i can page it fine when it is hung up so i know it isnt in do not disturb mode.

any suggestions? these phones were added later so is it possible the tech didnt program the phone for ohvo?

thanks

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Please complete your profile with city/state location. Thanks.

A6 Offline
Off Hook Voice Over (OHVO) is a feature where if someone was on the phone and you call them internally, you would here a busy signal. If you have an OHVO button programmed on your phone, you can press that, while you hear the busy, and talk into the earpiece of the person you are calling without the party they are talking to hear you. You may know this already, but it wasn't clear to me in your post.

This is a feature that has to be turned on to work, it is defaulted off. And each station has to be programmed to be allowed to be interrupted. So two things need to be programmed for it work.

If you are saying all but two phones are working with this feature, most likely, those two phones have not been programmed to accept OHVO calls.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
All phones by default can accept OHVO, what has to be enabled is the ability to envoke OHVO. Or to be able to deny OHVO.

Scott
OP Offline
Yes, i didnt make it clear in my post if i knew what OHVO was. If these two phones were not programmed to acced OHVO how can i turn it on/allow them to accept it?

I am wondering since they were added later if the tech never programed them or if it was turned off since they were refurbished phones (since that was all that was available)

Thanks

Let me verify the problem your having. When you call a phone that IS NOT being used you are getting a busy signal? Is this correct?

Scott
OP Offline
i have 10 total phones, but all phones in the office have issues doing OHVO to two other phones in the shop when they are in use (ie on the phone with a customer) it just gives a busy signal/error beep

I can page all phones though when they are hung up/not being used

A6 Offline
If it is OHVO then you need to program or check that in FL51 and confirm the OHVO parameter is turned on for that station.

If you want it where the phone rings or opens up the speaker, you have to program an intercom button on the phone. It opens up a second path for a call. I don't remember the code. It's in the back of the user manual, I think 645.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
OP Offline
I guess that is what i need to find out. How do i turn on/allow a phone to receive OHVO?

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Flash 50 (51 if flex numbering is used), Page "A" button [9] enables a phone to receive OHVO. This feature requires the calling phone to have a flex button programmed for OHVO (default code = 628).

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,682
Posts636,154
Members49,603
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
sandi ann
Newest Members
Motel6Guy, JustAGuy, Dialtony, FatherLot, RFarrarMD
49,603 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Yoda 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
5 members (NateBates, Motel6Guy, Toner, Professor Shadow, newtecky), 49 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Best VoIP Phones | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022