Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I don't think they are wired normally. All the pairs are inverted on one end, that is why it is now working with a standard cable attached to the supplied one.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Online Content
That's what I suspected Derrick. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense just adding the EKSU cable to a M/F extension cable. However Ed is a pretty reliable source for this kind of thing.

So are you saying pins 1&26 are 25&50 on the other? I did search the internet trying to find the answer. All the installation manual says is they are 50 pin champ connectors, well I knew that. I know the EKSU cable is straight with no cable loop at either end, so if a M/F extension cable has to have a loop at either end there's the answer. Hope I explained that so everyone knows what the heck I'm talking about.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Bill, don't count upon me too much on this one. I've only spot-checked the orientation of the pairs and pins on the cable itself.

Here's why I think that the cable is a standard M-M 25 pair. Even with a longer cable, the system works. It just doesn't work reliably. It took almost a week before we started to see problems that couldn't be explained. On the other hand, it worked perfectly with the factory cable.

On that note, I'm going to have to say that the jury is out on this one.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Online Content
Thanks Ed. The thing that's throwing me is the statement that they just added the cable that came with the EKSU to the extension cable they were already using. Not ever having put in an expansion cab I'd have no idea. Could be in a few days Derrick will find out it's still not right. Will wait and see.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I'm with you Bill. I think Dillandra will be back. This explanation isn't correct, but I sometimes think of the bus cable as being like an antenna. Too long or too short and the signal gets messed up.
Perhaps a larger question in all of this is why we are so willing to always try to accommodate the customer and squeeze our stuff into the most difficult of places to service sometimes. Does any other industry do that? Where is Hal when we need him?

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Online Content
Well and Ed point out it's a M-M cable so they couldn't have just added it to the cable they were using without an adapter. So I keep getting a bit more confused all the time. If I had one in front of me I'd sure be doing some checking. Thanks for the info.

Retired phone dude
I had the exact same problem. We tried to use a longer amphenol and it did not work. I had to reverse the other end of the cable and it works just fine. System has been in over five + years and have never had to go back.

OK I just took one apart and it is wired pin 1 is BL/WHT and pin 26 is WHT/BL on both ends. I always thought is had to do with the clocking speed on the bus and anything longer would throw the clock speed off. At least that is what engineering used to tell us for the DVX +4/Triad 3 and Mach 1/Triad S. So I am not sure if they fixed there problem or it only seemed to be cleared when they tested it and the problem will probably return.

Scott
OP Offline
So far so good, I am now finding out that the voice mail NEVER worked the way it was prior, so time will tell...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,797
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,355 Shoretel
189,018 CTX100 install
187,395 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 187 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024