Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#217779 03/31/10 04:57 AM
zakjr Offline OP
OP Offline
I moved a customer last Friday. They have a Vodavi Starplus DHS phone system and a Dispatch Voicemail/AA. I got everything installed and powered back on about 8 hours later. Everything, but the night service feature works correctly. When night service is selected, it still plays the day greeting menu 100. I verified that the night greeting was still there at menu option 120 and it was there. It seems to me that night mode is not pointing to menu 120. I have manuals for both devices but I don't see anything that can be accessed thru the phones to check this. I also checked the time on both devices and had to correct the Dispatch time, but that didn't help any. I don't have the laptop admin disk to be able to check the set up on the Dispatch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#217780 03/31/10 05:59 AM
The night greeting is not activated on that system by pressing the night key it is controlled by a time control with the Dispatch which you would need a copy of the Admin S/W for.

Scott
#217781 03/31/10 06:44 AM
zakjr Offline OP
OP Offline
The night mode feature worked prior to the move. Would powering the Dispatch down affect the night move feature? Shouldn't the time setting for the night greeting stay in memory? Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Admin software?

#217782 03/31/10 07:25 AM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
If your "Night" mode setting "worked" prior to the move, it was simply because the time control mentioned by Scott coincided with the same time that the night key was pressed but it was not a direct correlation.

The DHS phone system time has no effect on this voice mail system. The Dispatch VM requires that the time & date be set from the Admin mailbox. If you have the instructions for rerecording menu 100 or 120 etc, you will be able to change the time. You do not need Admin software to accomplish this. If you do not have the password or if your password does not work, you will need to send a PM to one of the moderators or qualified memembers. Passwords are prohibited from the public forum. A small fee is usually requested to verify that you are authorized to obtain such information.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

#217783 03/31/10 07:38 AM
zakjr Offline OP
OP Offline
I do have the Admin password and I did reset the time on the Dispatch to the correct time, but it still does not work when pressing the night key on the DHS. It still plays the business hours greeting.

#217784 03/31/10 08:09 AM
The Night key on the DHS can only redirect incoming calls to ring another route. Typically, Day mode is used to ring direct to the Attendant and Night mode is used to ring direct to VM.

When you changed the time on the Dispatch, did you hear the prompt "the system will now reset itself"? that is what you will hear if you did it correctly.

Then to determine if you are really using Time Controls, try changing the time to a night time hour and after the VM resets, see if the message changes.

- Dave S. -

#217785 03/31/10 09:40 AM
zakjr Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I did hear the system will now reset itself.

#217786 03/31/10 09:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Call into the voice mail, go to admin and then check the voice line/port setup. Make sure that all the voice lines are set for time control.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
#217787 04/06/10 12:30 PM
zakjr Offline OP
OP Offline
I set all lines to time control, changed the time on the phone system and it still plays the day greeting. So then I put everything back the way it was and now when I hit the MSG button it plays "if you know your parties extension,etc.... It used to just take you to voicemail and you would be able to put your password in and retrieve your voicemail. Help!!!

#217788 04/07/10 05:39 AM
I put everything back the way it was
So what was your original configuration for the voice lines? On the DHS you can only use [1] Voice Mail. [3] Menu or [4] Time Control. I don't think the DHS KSU ever delivered KSU clock control to the Dispatch.
Do all the voice mail buttons [msg button] give you the same unwanted prompt? if pressed from a station without a mailbox, you typically get a prompt of "enter the mailbox number...". Your new unwanted prompt will only typically play if the in-band digits received are [7] + [#]. Your in-band settings including your pause timer need to be checked. The Dispatch should be set to use the PBX configuration number 106. You can check this from the Admin mailbox. It is the next option after checking voice lines.
Further testing: If you remove the VM flag from one of the voice mail stations, you can then call that station directly and experiment with dialing digits to determine what the voice mail expects to receive. Then you can check the DHS database to determine if the leave and retrieve tables match that expectation.
You can also reenter the admin mailbox and check the menu greetings to be sure that they are correct. By default, Day uses M100 and Night uses M120.

(Edit after rereading your post) NO NO, NO. Let me say it again. Changing the DHS time has no effect on the Dispatch time. If the Dispatch is using Time Controls, you need to change the Dispatch time to a night time hour and then test. However, your new prompt now indicates a new problem.

- Dave S. -

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,967 CTX100 install
187,202 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, Robbks, jeffmoss26), 121 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024