Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Future of the STS, XTS IP
Future of the SBX and the new MBX system or whatever it is going to be called.

1. No end of life date set for STS but no more new software aps or new feature packages are going to be released in the future. The SBX is now the new small system flagship.

2 SBX is now 24x48
FP 3.5
now can record aa greetings remotely
call coverage for hunt groups
unified message
virtual mailboxes 50
Ans machine emmulation
admin mailbox
Class of services (5)
announcement only mailboxes
multiple tries for outbound notification

User enhancements:
spell name for send message
distribution lists (5)
ffwd/rew and pause/start during listening
temp greeting
future delivery, private message, confirm receipt of message.

3.5 software upgrade totally backwards compatible.

New ip phones coming on 3.5 A 12 and 24 button that operate like the existing 7000 phones but with a new sleeker look 99 percent system tdm feature capable.
STS phones on SBX 3.5..no backlight support and the softkeys will not function.

SBX release 4.0...external voice mail very much like the Pathfinder IS, it will connect with ribbon cable to VMIB slot in main KSU.

XTS IP FP 4.5 is now in the works and there will be a 5.0 next year.

FP4.0
SIP trunking
Edge 700 telephone support (helps the WAVE dealers)Vertical sure loves the WAVE
DECT phone support V2.2 and above

FP 4.5 uses the new IP phones, these phones will replace the 70xx series. (can be carried up to the WAVE sip protocal.
All new admin program with 4.5

FP5.0 (sometime next year)
will have new call Enhancements with DECT phone support using all 8 flex buttons.

Emphasis on new and always componet price reductions (not going to list here)
Emphasis on phone pack price promotions

XTS-Ip will be around!
No EOL plans, none at all.
However there is wip on a next gen platform.

XTSc--this is a Vodavi only box not common with other LG systems. The XTS is based on the same platform as the LDK and the Aria and is not going anywhere but forward. The C was a Vodavi only product and was no longer price feasible to build.

So once again..The XTS-IP is going to stay around! (insert Mark Twain quote about rumors of his death here)

Okay benefits of new platform which comes out later this year (Derricks note..lets call it the MBX)

Total WEB based management of the system.
(my note: Vodavi sees this as ultimately being a stronger and less costly system than the XTS just as they see the SBX being stronger than the STS)

More scalable to 72 sites
it will network with SBX
Next gen of aps...Unified messaging, New management, integrated DECT solution, Microsoft OCS integration. One server for call management, net observation and analysis, 6 digital and 6 slt ports on each(MPB)

will use XTS phones
will use STS phones
INF/Triad phones too

AMP connections. Can enlarge and double ports with the switch of the MPB card reusing the same cabinets and cards.

LCOB 4-8-12
t1/pri
Dtib 12-24 port
voib 8-24
VM 8 port 100 hour solid state no hard drive needed using the SBX 3.5 vm feature set.

In other words two big SBXs. The first up to 108 extensions, the second up to 324 with a simple inexpensive migration path from the smaller boxes to the bigger ones.

One last thing..the XTS is staying around!

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Thank you for this information. I had to miss the Webinar due to a customer moving.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

First, thanks so much about posting this. After talking with Vertical yesterday, the ride back to the office with my techs was VERY quiet as we tried to comprehend what we heard and where we would go with the XTS systems we have in the field. As long as the hardware will be around I am not really that concerned about the programming, although the past 10 years has be a smooth and easy ride. With the new Web based system, surely this is the end of the flash based programming that we are accustomed to?

Also the SBX integration is huge since my first question was if the interoperability of the XTS and SBX was on the horizon and was told that it was not.

The person I talked to was a long-time vertical person (if I said who, we all would know) so that opens up a lot of other questions in my mind and missing the webinar did not help. Your post made my weekend a LOT better.

I apologize for starting a panic, what I have seen the past couple years, coupled with the conversation yesterday just sounded like it was the beginning of the end. I will be changing my handle to chicken little......

Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
The xts and the sbx will not integrate. This next gen MBX (or MG) is a completly new platform (but related to the SBX), it is not supposed to replace the XTS unless the dealer base makes it so. In other words if the XTS keeps selling they will keep making it, the same for the STS although since there will be no more feature packages released for the STS and if dealers like myself are moving to the SBX I expect it to just fade away one day. But the word is if dealers keep wanting it and they can live with this last feature package being the last feature package they will keep making it as well.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Ok, well the eight-hundred pound gorilla was the EOL for the XTS. The SBX/XTS not integrating I can live with.

Thanks again.

Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
I can too. Dave you and cswroe are both welcome.

www.myrandomviews

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Thanks for the update, Derrick. I know that we discussed this yesterday and I truly wanted to participate. I'm so glad that you managed to find the time to do so and report back. Good news for the most part for us "step children".

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
As long as the XTS lives, we will be Vertical dealers. Improvements and new features are always welcome, but in its present iteration it works fine for us. The price reductions that were recently announced have helped lessen the impact of losing the XTSc a little bit, but its still more costly to sell/install and keep the margin. Good news that there is no EOL planned for the XTS. Thanks for all the great info.

phoneguy1
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Thanks for the info Derrick! I too missed the call.

Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
I am bumping this!

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,760
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,430 Shoretel
188,226 CTX100 install
187,069 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, BobRobert), 100 guests, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024