web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hey, Vodavi Gurus! I'm hoping you can help me with something...

I have a Vodavi XTS-IP v4.003-2FE3 system with Pathfinder v2.8. 3015-71 Digital Phones, 3824-71 IP Phones, and a few POLYCOM Soundstation2 Conference Phones.

Let me first say that I have read the Sticky which includes how to make conference calls. I have 100% success with the Digital Phones and the IP phones making conference calls with multiple parties. It is only the Polycom I'm having issues with.

1. The PolyCom Soundstation2 can only dial an outbound number after pressing On/Off. It will not allow me to make an internal 3-digit extension call. I can only dial an extension if I get the 1st party on the phone, then press the Conference Button.

2. The PolyCom SoundStation2 Conference phone is set up on the system as a Keyset-SLA and is able to make 1 call outbound, or inbound. Additional inbound calls provide a quick tone to let me know someone's calling in, but I cannot answer that call. I can press the conference button once to make additional calls and put them on hold, however I cannot connect all the parties! Every time I press the conferense button, it just places the current call on hold, and cycles through the people who were waiting on hold...

Please help! I read somewhere on a different Vodavi System there is a "Multiple Party" setting to enable or disable somewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
From the SLT user's guide.

1. Depress hookswitch momentarily. An intercom dial
tone is heard.
2. Dial [438]. (The first call is placed in Personal Park).
3. Dial desired number for second call.
4. Depress hookswitch momentarily. An intercom dial
tone is heard.
5. Dial [664]. All three parties are conferenced.
6. Hang up to terminate conference.

I've never tried it.

OP Offline
Hey, thanks Deltron! I appreciate the info. Unfortunately, I was not able to get those instructions to work as written. However, with slight adjustments I was able to use those SLT codes to work for me. The trick was to dial an external party first before being able to use the 438 or 664 codes. Please see my revised instructions if it will be of any help for people in the same situation.

1. Press "On/Off" button. (You will have an external dial tone)
2. Dial your first external party.
3. Once connected, press "Conference" button. (You will hear 3 quick tones then an internal dial tone)
4. Dial "438". (You will hear 3 quick tones and then reach an internal dial tone. The code allows for the next party dialed to be automatically placed on Park)
5. Dial "9", then your 2nd external party.
6. Once connected, press "Conference" (You will hear 3 quick tones then reach an internal dial tone.)
7. Dial "664" (You will hear one long tone, and all external parties will be connected).
8. You may choose to now add an internal calling party by pressing "Conference" (You will hear 3 quick tones then internal dial tone.)
9. Dial extension of your 3rd party
10. Once connected press "Conference" to connect all parties.

Thanks again! Case Closed!

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,295 CTX100 install
187,076 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024