Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
How about the XTScIP? It has an inskin 8-port VM in either H.D. or flash

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
The XTS-c was discontinued a few months ago...

Next suggestion?

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The XTSc was discontinued a while back.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ok... So if I have a potential customer who has 8 lines, and 24 ext.'s and they need the auto attendant to route calls, which system am I supposed to propose? The SBX obviously won't suffice with only 4 vm ports.
---------------------------------------------------
4 ports should be WAY more than enough for 8 lines. The likelihood of 8 incoming calls simultaneously is about zero in real world situations. I usually run 4 ports up to 12 lines and have never had an issue.

Well I am so glad I am 62 and won't have to put up with this very much longer.
Does anyone remember the Letter from Greg Roeper about it coming to his Attn. that some, (one) dealer was selling on the Internet? His decision was anyone who didn't tear down their website in one Mo. would lose their dealership. A year later that dealer was praised for his marketing prowess and the other dealers were trying to justify their quotes or asked to install vodavi bought on the internet. there was even manuals on the same website with free info

Agree with Deltron, the 4 port will be more than enough to take care of your customer.
A one time i think the ratio of line to vm ports was 6 to 1. Not sure if i agree on that ratio but
remember how long that VM port is actually handling the call,Not long.

Off topic i read where GREG is ceo of a well known SIP provider.

-TJ-
OP Offline
I think you guys are missing my point, but just to entertain your line of thought, lets bump it up to 36 stations, 14 lines (all answered by auto attendant ). I actually have a Dr.s office that has this setup with only 8 of the lines being answered by auto attendant and they are all constantly busy. My point is that 4 ports is not enough in certain situations. Lets not even talk about when it uses ran announcements, and people checking their vm's.

" 4 ports should be WAY more than enough for 8 lines. The likelihood of 8 incoming calls simultaneously is about zero in real world situations. I usually run 4 ports up to 12 lines and have never had an issue."

In most cases you are correct, but not always.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
I have been selling and installing the STSe for the last 7 years. What does anyone suggest for a similar replacement system to replace the STSe with? Most of my customers really have no need for an IP system. The STSe was more than suitable for most of my customers needs.

TekLink Solutions
Havre, Montana 59501
If you liked the STSe and it fitted your customers then why not the SBX? I know it is not the same, but it is close and the price is good. I can honestly say that anyone that we have sold an SBX too has been happy, and these are customers we would have sold a STS or DX-80/120 to in the past.

Steve

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
I have to agree with Steve. Our SBX customers are happy and the system is stable. Plus, you can use STS phones if needed.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,791
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,126 Shoretel
188,989 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 147 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024