web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Originally posted by jnimmick:
why did you hate the system? I just hate to have to learn the programming for a different system, but again I have no choice.
the programming was 90% of it... i hated the DHS programming too. smile

Originally posted by GeeRay:
I went down the same road you did. I put in an XceleratorIP, spent many hours trying to make it work only to take it out and replace it with an XTScIP. Then got one of the first SBX V1.0. It had so many problems, No volume on spkr. Phone. the VM was lame. 93mdk93 did you ever get the replacement VM? I called, filled out the paper work, talked to eveyone. I never did get it. Like some of the rebates in the past!! It is now a good system with the new software (3.5) and the new VM. I talked to Vertical yesterday, they are working on an external "real" VM
yeah, the XceleratorIP turned out to be a colossal waste of time and money for us... we sent a couple guys to training, bought one for the shop, all that noise. so when the SBX came along and seemed stillborn it was pretty easy to give up on it... and no, we never got our old VM taken care of. if my memory serves, by the time we realised how jacked we were, inside sales said we'd missed any opportunity to get it replaced (as if it were our fault the product was crippled..).

Originally posted by phoneguy10:
We have installed 4 SBX IP 320 systems to date and I have found it to be not as bad as I thought it would be, hows that for a compliment.
I thing the wiring scheme borders on the bizarre.
yeah, the wiring scheme was the other thing i couldn't understand... why would you do it that way?!

Originally posted by EV607797:
It seems like more of a vertical card file arrangement would be more space-efficient.
no pun intended, right?

Originally posted by aweaver:
We are looking at doing the LG Ericsson IPECS LIK system which grows beyond the MBX and supports the Vodavi phones.
i won't lie, i'm very curious about that system... it sounded like a neat trick but no clue if it could be taken seriously.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

P.S., Vertical inside sales called yesterday and offered to sell us an SBX system for half price to soften the blow of them killing off the STSe. it didn't completely assuage my cranky a** but since i've already got a couple sold, i guess i don't mind making the extra coin.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
If i were looking to replace the STS as many of you are forced to do and seem to be leaning toward
the SBX line i have been studying the LG Ericsson
line up,mainly as a just because project.

The LG Ericsson family tree starts from the LG ARIA
then matures to LG NORTEL, and finally ending at
Ericsson.

This family which started with the ARIA is a solid
product. Time tested by our friends down under,and
in many other country's.

The software is stable and well accepted in parts outside of the USA. Now they have finally releasesd it here.

I honestly feel the ARIA line has the upper edge over all.(LG ERCISSON).

IMHO and not by product use.

Both LG and ERICSSON are very mature and have been around in Telephony for a while.
Remember they are very big in all phases of Telecommunications and have a proven name outside of this country.

-TJ-
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Ipecs LIK sure looks a lot like a Telenium if you ask me. I have installed a number of RSGMS which look just like the Ipecs. They were not liked by my customer and I replaced them with a networked XTS with Edge phones...they love it!

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
I am not referring to Ipecs. The IPLDK60 is the one.

-TJ-
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The IpLDK60 is the same family as the SBX...which LG also makes. They are basically the same system. LG does market a rack kit for their system however. I don't have any idea why Vertical doesn't offer that part.

My question would be...how does the LG dealer channel work and is there an advantage to selling LG branded products? As a Vodavi/Vertical dealer for lots of years, I have found that telling possible customers that my phone systems are made by LG to have a positive effect. Not so much when they used to be the "Lucky Goldstar" company.

I talked to a distributor of the IPLDK some months ago but the pricing structure was not good at all. They offered 15 percent off retail as dealer list...which made it (from them anyway) an overpriced system compared to the STS (before the price increase) and the SBX. They are no longer an LG distributor, I suspect the pricing structure killed it for them.

I think it is important to remember that LG is part owner of Vertical just as they were part owner of Vodavi...the partnership between them goes back a long way. Have you looked at a LDKip 300? It is an XTS. The parnership is new with Vertical. The MBX (the Euro version is the IPECS MG) shows that LG has a commitment to introduce new but proven produts to the US through the Vertical channel. The STS is or was made by LG but was never an LG marketed product here or overseas. They made it only for Vodavi and did not want to continue to do so for Vertical. LG prefers to move more of its own "in house" products. Those include their branded versions of the SBX(IPLDK 60),XTS(IPLDK100-300) and MBX (IPECS-MG)

Here is a link to the LG Ericsson Global portfolio

https://www.lgericsson.com/index.html
Click on products then business communications and look at ip enabled systems.

Here is a link to the quick install guide for the LDK if interested. The guides are all over the web.

https://www.lgericsson.com.br/file/Download/QuickGuide_rev2.pdf

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Nice report Derrick.Yes i agree, the LDK300 series is the XTS. The XTS which many on this forum whom seem to get along good with.It seems like it would be a good fit for the old die hards here. smile

-TJ-
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally posted by STS E:
Nice report Derrick.Yes i agree, the LDK300 series is the XTS. The XTS which many on this forum whom seem to get along good with.It seems like it would be a good fit for the old die hards here. smile
Except the programming is totally different than the XTS.

Originally posted by Derrick:
The Ipecs LIK sure looks a lot like a Telenium if you ask me. I have installed a number of RSGMS which look just like the Ipecs. They were not liked by my customer and I replaced them with a networked XTS with Edge phones...they love it!
The IPECS-LIK is the old Telenium. The software is now at release 5, with a new release coming out soon.

Your customer didn't like the RSGM so you think they won't like the IPECS-LIK? I don't understand that. You probably didn't like the SBX at first either, but as the software matured, it has grown on you (us). Perhaps you should give the IPECS a closer look?

Remember, the MBX software is built upon the IPECS software.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I think they didn't like it because it was not a self contained system. It depended on its link with an XTS that was at best flakey. It isn't an apple to apple comparison to the Ipecs Phase 5 that is for sure. I assume that Presence Management still provides the Ipecs thru Target? It isn't priced bad. I have a configuration program and price sheet for the system. I can provide to any other dealer who wants one.

www.myrandomviews

can someone post a link to the official STSe discontinued announcement?
I cant find it anywhere. Thanks.

-dan
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,948 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024