Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
PKERN Offline OP
OP Offline
Not able to establish communication with the system via RS-232.

I just had the system loose all programming due to a long power failure. Got it reprogrammed and would like to back up the programming to a computer with Flash 86. Followed the settings in the manual, but have no connection on either RS-232 port 1 or port 2 of the KSU.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I had nothing but problems myself trying to get an STS serial port to work.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Gee. I rarely have problems with the serial port and use it all the time. 9600/n/8/1. Are you using a straight thru cable? The Dispatch cable is a null modem cable.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally posted by MNDAVE:
Gee. I rarely have problems with the serial port and use it all the time. 9600/n/8/1. Are you using a straight thru cable? The Dispatch cable is a null modem cable.
Ditto.

I don't recall ever having a problem connecting to an STS through the serial ports. My question is that you said STS "Infinite"? Infinite and STS are two different systems. I do recall having an issue with the Mach 1 that used Infinite phones. Something to do with the serial card not having a plastic washer on the screw that straps it into the KSU.? I think it was grounding itself out or something.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
PKERN Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah, the Null Modem cable is the culprit!

Regarding the STS and Infinite being different systems: Yes, when I first took over service on this, my supplier said "that's not possible, those phones (3015 & 3011-71) won't work on the V70 3500-01 KSU." He finally helped me conclude, based on the chip set, that it is Software Upgraded to a Infinite system. So I get to support a system that technically does not exist :-)

Thank you all for your input on this.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Oh, it technically exists alright. It is just sold only through authorized dealers. The mainstream version of the STS does not support those phones.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Originally posted by MNDAVE:
My troubles were mostly with trying to get the pc admin to work and yes I was using the STS version. wink

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
PC Admin? What is that??? No, seriously, long ago, in a galaxy far away, when Star Wars 4 was still Star Wars 1, my fingers memorized the terminal method. Being able to perform real time changes without uploading and rebooting has always been my preferred approach.

Now when we talk SBX, I don't dare touch it without the PC Admin program.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Actually Ed, once Vertical took over Vodavi, they "relaxed" the authorized "gold" dealer thing. I'm a Bronze and have been purchasing "Gold" products since they became Vertical. I don't think they would sell it to an unauthorized dealer, but Bronze, Silver , and Gold levels seem to be all the same now.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,351 Shoretel
189,003 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (highlysecptial, www.telcom1.net, Ashley), 172 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024